chapter 20

I walk down the hallway on my phone, trying to find Ju-kyung because she disappeared—again—I sigh as she stops answering my texts and it reads delivered after a full two minutes. "Hya!" A voice behind me shouts and I jump slightly before turning around.

"What do you want?" I sigh looking at Seo-jun.

"Try doing that again,"

"What?"

"The roar thing you're always doing," He gives a little demonstration and I smile slightly before pulling my straight face again.

"Why would you want me to do that?" He just stands there and I turn around, feigning leaving before running up to him and getting really close to his face, startling him. "Roar! Roar!" I roar and make paws. I swear I'm not a furry, it's just funny. He stares down at me for a bit.

"I'm scared you might appear in my dreams," I pout and get off my tiptoes.

"You dream of me?" I raise a brow and look up at him challengingly.

"Nightmares," He looks back, "You're like a beast," I roll my eyes and flip him off and he turns around and waltzes away.

"Are you guys studying hard for your exams?" Harder than I want to be. All my classmates let out complaints and I rested my chin in my hand. Exams are actually gonna be the death of me. "Mr. Han, can you reduce the number of chapters we have to study?" Si-hyun asks, "Just a little bit," She pinches her fingers together leaving a little space in between them.

"Some of you don't know what it is you really want," Urg, not another lecture, I'm gonna punch myself in the face, "And some of you do know, but you're hesitant," I just want to leave, that's what I want, I want to go home, "But opportunities come without warning, and you must be prepared to take advantage of it. So in order to seize an opportunity when you see one..."

"Mr. Han!" Hyun-kyu stands up and grabs his bag, "Thank you for your great words, you're the best, bye!" He gives two thumbs up and runs out of the classroom. Everyone claps and also stands up to leave.

✦•················•✦

Asshole: 'Can I come over?'

Me: 'No,'

Asshole: 'I don't care, I'm coming over anyway,'

I sigh and roll over in my bed, trying to close my eyes again. Right after I manage to snooze off a bit my brother yells, "I'm leaving, don't die!" I sigh and sit up, looking into my vanity mirror. Urg, I look like shit. Like I actually look like I haven't slept in two weeks and also like I just woke up, how does that even work? I sit up and run my hands through my hair a few times before the doorbell rings, I open it and Seo-jun walks in. "The door's code's my birthday, stop ringing the doorbell it's annoying,"

He looks over at me and raises his eyebrow, "What if I'm actually a murderer and you just gave me easy access into your house?"

"Then that sucks for me, at least I wouldn't have to do midterms,"

I jump over the back of the couch and sit down and Seo-jun goes around to sit next to me, he sighs and lays down, putting his head on the pillow resting on my lap and grabbing the remote. "How's it going with Ju-kyung?" I ask as he flips through shows to watch.

"I don't even know, sometimes, I feel like it's going great but the next second it's going horribly and I don't know what to do,"

"That's probably because you don't listen to me,"

"What do you mean?!" He exclaims, "I do!"

"No, you don't," I glare at him, my fingers still weeding through the knots in his hair, "You're always being annoying and she literally hates you, for good reason,"