chapter 14

The next morning I wake up to my phone ringing, when I go to check Seo-jun is face timing me again. I swear to god, will I ever catch a break? I turn on my side and answer the phone, "What?" I groan, "I was trying to sleep, it's 8 am on a weekend,"

"Guess what happened last night," He seems stressed.

"What?" I close my eyes.

"Wake up," He snaps and I sigh, opening my eyes again, "Su-ho told me he likes Ju-kyung and he seems to think that I'm just using her to get back at him, like, how much of an idiot can this man be?"

"Mhm," I nod, "He's a huge idiot,"

"Wake up," He groans, "This is important,"

"Alright, alright," I sigh and sit up, it's not like I'll be able to sleep again after this anyway, "I'm up,"

"You're coming to the festival, right?" I nod and make my way to the bathroom, phone in hand. I start washing my face as he tells me about how he called Su-ho and then Su-ho told him he liked Ju-kyung.

"Do you think he's doing this to spite me?" He asks once I sit down in front of my vanity and put my hair clips in my hair.

"Not really, Su-ho's a very genuine person, I don't think he would like someone just for someone else," I rub cream on my face.

"Are you sure? Because Su-ho doesn't normally like people so why would he like Ju-kyung?"

"Probably for the same reasons you like her,"

"Because she's fun to laugh at?"

"Oh my god, you have to stop doing that," I side eye him as I put concealer under my eyes, "You need to stop being mean to her, remember the plan?"

"What she doesn't know won't hurt her," I glared at him again.

"And if she finds out?" I apply mascara, "She's gonna hate you even more, which I didn't think was possible,"

"Alright, fine, I'll stop," He groans, "Also, do you want me to pick you up for the festival, I'm already driving with my sister, in a real car this time,"

"It's fine, I can make it there on my own, speaking of which, I should probably get going," I wave goodbye and hang up the call. I threw on some baggy jeans that hung low on my hips, a black tank top and an off the shoulder graphic t-shirt with Sanrio characters on it. I throw on one of my brother's hats and I grab a bag, putting all my stuff in it and then I go downstairs, grab the makeup bag and put it inside the bag as well. I walk out of the house and to the bus stop. "Ha-eun?" A voice asks, I put my headphones around my neck.

"In-su?" I laugh, I haven't seen him in a while and he hasn't texted. He looks really good, not in his uniform. I swear to god, no one looks good in school uniforms, except Seo-jun sometimes, I don't know how he makes it work. Wait, did I just say Seo-jun looks good? Scratch that, somethings wrong with me, I think I'm on crack. Whatever, back to more important matters. In-su was wearing black baggy jeans, a white shirt, a necklace and a dangly earring.

"You have an earring?" I ask, looking at the silver star falling from his ear.

"Yeah, I got it pierced a few weeks ago, you like it?" He touches it with his hand.

"Yeah, it looks so cool!"

"You look like an idol,"

I laugh, "In America, everyone dresses like this,"

"Where are you going, anyway?"

"To Saebom's school festival, how about you?"

"I'm going there too! My school doesn't have one because they think it'll 'stifle our learning and distract us' so most people from my school are going to Saebom's instead," I nod as the bus arrives and we go in together, talking the entire ride to the festival. I walk in and I see Seo-jun hitting his goons with water balloons and I roll my eyes. "Isn't that the motorcycle guy?" In-su asks, pointing at Seo-jun.