chapter 14

Hyunjin pov

I met yongbok, where all his family were there. His sister's , his mother and his father. Oh grandma is also here. I felt so happy seeing all of them.

They look so perfect and so happy. I wish I had half of this. But at least I got them. Whenever they visit they really take good care of us. Especially me since yongbok tells them that I'm his favourite friend.

"Hyunjinie how are you sweetie?" His mom asked me.

"F-fine" ugh why do I have to be so awkward. Yep this is one of the reason I'm a loner. I'm really bad at socializing or even answering simple questions.

She just laughed. "Still the same hyunjin I see" she said. And i felt red at the tip of my ears due to embarrassment.

"Jinnie is cute like that mummy" yongbok said while giggling.

"I'm not cute!" I said with a pout.

Yongbok gasped and came near me to. "What do you mean your not cute?? He's adorable right mom?" He asked his mom while pinching my cheeks.

"I agree" his mom said.

"See i told you, your cute!! Look at these cheeks they're so squishy-"

He was squeezing all over my face and ruffling my hair saying "cutie pie" "adorable jinnie"

"Wha?-stop haha yongbok-ah omg stop"

Now I'm completely red because of this.

Everyone was laughing their heart out. I felt really happy. I wanted to be in this moment forever. With yongbok adoring me and with this family looking all happy.

"Yongbok-ah wait" his father stopped yongbok and came near to me.

"Yongbok-ah I need to talk to jinnie. Can you play with your sisters till then?" His father asked while smiling.

He me took to a corner and asked
"What happened hyunjin why is your face all bruised up?? Are you still getting bullied??just tell me who it is"

"It's nothing uncle. I'm fine" i said as i don't want uncle to meet them. I don't want uncle to hear those comments. I'm afraid uncle will believe them.

"Fine hyunjin I won't push you to tell me. But know that you can tell me anything and you can count me. I will be there and help you." He said

I just nodded. "let's get you the treatment for the wounds" he took me to nurse. And i got treated.

We all had dinner and everyone was laughing happily.

I went to the balcony seeing that it's 12 and I'm finally 10 now. I sat down ,took a deep breath and opened the letter.

                            --------

To hyunjin...

I'm really sorry I can't give you the life you want. I can't give you a happy family. I had to leave you so I can achieve my dreams. And have a normal life. I can't look after you when I'm still a teenager and without a partner. My parents won't support me if i told them about you. I'm sure i won't make a mistake like this again.

But please don't look for me or don't wait for me.

This is what I want you to know from the letter.
If you're reading this that means your 10 and i would be married to someone and have my own kids.
Please don't look for me so I can have a happy and normal life with my family.

I sincerely apologize but this is fate.

From
Your mother.

                             ----------

'I can't think anything'

'So they were right? I was really a mistake'

'I can't breathe'

'Why?? Why did she give birth to me then?'

'She should've killed me rather than leaving me all alone!!'

"JINNIE!!! JINNIEEEEE!! WHAT'S WRONG!!! LOOK AT ME!!! JINNIE!!"

'I can't hear anything, all the things yongbok is saying are muffled it's like I'm drowning deep in the water all alone'

No one's pov

"DAD!!!MOM!!! GRANNY!!! PLEASE COME FAST!! SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH JINNIE" yongbok yelled while crying

"What?? What happened ?? yongbok-ah why are you-" his father came and looked at yongbok who was crying and yelling "JINNIE WAKE UP" "JINNIE PLEASE TALK TO ME"

Hyunjin was staring at floor and breathing heavily. Tears were flowing down his face they're just not stopping. He chest was moving up and down like he is trying to breathe but he can't.

He is continuously whispering

"Stop! Stop it"
"I was a mistake"
"No one loves me"
"They were right"
"I shouldn't even exit"

Yongbok couldn't understand what hyunjin was saying between his crying and heavy breathing.

Yongbok father saw the letter and took it from hyunjin hand's. He read the letter as fast as he can. Now he understood why hyunjin is behaving like this. He face was full of worry.

He knelt down in front of  Hyunjin.
"HYUNJIN"  he yelled and hyunjin finally looked at him.
"BREATHE"
Hyunjin tried to breathe.

"Yes. Just like that, breath in and breath out." He instructed hyunjin.

Hyunjin kinda felt like breathing now but his crying didn't stop.

All hyunjin could hear is

'Do you think he cares about you?'
'Do you think yongbok cares about you?'
'NO YOU IDIOT THEY WILL GO BACK TO AUSTRALIA SOON'
'They will not stay with you'
'They don't love you, they just feel pity for you'
'They have their own life'

'STOP IT!!STOP IT!! I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE I WANT THIS PAIN TO END'

'Then end it!what are you waiting for?'
'You are a mistake from the start anyway why are you thinking hard?' 'your mother made a mistake but now you have to turn it right by ending yourself'
'Its the right thing to do'

Hyunjin stood up and ran away from them. Pushing everyone who tried to stop him.

Yongbok and his father were shocked by this sudden Action. But still they followed him.

Hyunjin ran and ran and didn't know where he was running but he stopped when he saw the road.

He saw there was a truck coming at his direction. He smiled and ran to stand on that line.

He stood there waiting for the truck to hit him and finally end his misery.

Until he heard someone calling his name "HYUNJIN NO STOP" yongbok father yelled and he was running to hyunjin.

"JINNIE WHY?! PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME" yongbok was far than his father but still hyunjin can hear him.

He smiled at them and mouthed to yongbok's father "thank you"

And turned to look at the truck that was almost coming near to him.

He almost got what he wanted until he was pushed to other side my two strong hands.

He didn't know what happened until his was splashed with blood on his face.

His eyes widened and his whole body trembled at what he saw.