𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

Song: Would you rather by Phoebe Bridgers 

**

Alexandra Ariana Marino

Saturday January 20, 2024

After I broke the chip that was implanted into my leg I quickly cut the rope that tied both of my parents in place but we decided that it was best for them to stay where they were sitting, with the rope wrapped around them enough so it appears that they can not move, or at least that was before the gunshots started to ring through the abandoned building.

This was mostly because they both know that they are not strong enough to fight back given the many years of starvation and lack of movement, I'm also keep the knife hidden just in case I need it but given my lack of training it won't be that helpful. Thanks a lot for that one Giovanni.

"It's time." Papa whispers as we begin to hear the gunshots that we have been waiting so long for.

We came up with a plan, the second we started to hear gun fire we would lean against the wall closest to the door, if it's another random gang they would shoot first, ask questions later and we are both far too weak to attempt to fight them off, well more like they are too weak to fight them off because again... I lack the training that my brothers received.

If it was one-on-one then I could handle myself... If the intruder is a guy then I can just knee his dick and plunge the knife into his throat, but I can't handle myself with more than one person which is far more likely in the case of a gang attack.

"You really are my daughter." Papa whispered as we lean as close to the wall as humanly possible.

"I would hope so because I don't think right now is the appropriate time for a 'you're adopted' conversation."

Just before papa could speak the door burst open revealing no other than Giovanni Marino himself.

I never thought I would be so happy to see his face.

"Oh thank god." I mumble as I force myself up.

"Alexandra-Alexus..... Mother- Father-" He suddenly freezes as Antonio entered the room and stopped dead in his tracks as well.

"Is there anyone left?" I asked. If they are just going to freeze I'd like to know if someone is suddenly going to burst through the door but I didn't receive an answer.

Something didn't feel right, and I just wasn't sure what.

The room was silent as everyone continued to have a stare off, I didn't hear any more footsteps, or gunfire, or obnoxious screaming of someone giving orders. It was the most silence I have heard in days. Who would've thought silence could be so deafening.