𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Song: Carry You by Ruelle, Fleurie 

**

Alexandra Ariana Marino

Saturday November 11, 2023

"She didn't care about herself anymore. But she cared about others. She would go out of her way to save someone, even though she knew she could not save herself. That was the only humanity she had left in herself. Other then that all she felt was numb." ~ KG

They tell you to always trust your gut, if you feel something is wrong then it probably is. I may overthink everything therefore everything feels wrong on an everyday basis.

This however, is a different kind of 'wrong', it's not the 'maybe everything is a simulation and we are nothing more than sims characters' but rather the 'someone is hurt and there's nothing I can do about it if I stay in bed.'

That being said I immediately rushed up, slipped my phone into my pocket, grabbed Dante's car keys and a few protein bars before rushing out of the house.

It's still quite early so everyone is either asleep or had just left for work so I didn't have to worry about accidentally running into anyone that I'm still trying to avoid like my life depended on it... It probably does if we are being real.

It didn't take long before the car was pulling out of the driveway and in the direction of my best friends house.

I still really fucking hate driving.

**

Finally reaching the small suburban home, I found myself rushing up the gravel driveway and all but pounding on the front door with an open hand.

It felt like I was standing anxiously outside forever but it must have only been a few seconds, a minute at most, yet time seemed to have slowed or have become an irrelevant concept as a whole.

After half of an eternity the door slowly opened, revealing an exhausted looking Roberto Lopez.

"Hey Robbie..." I trail off cautiously, "is Manny home?"

"He is but I really don't think now is a good time." He replied, his voice sounds just as exhausted as he looks.

"Please just... Let me check on him."

Robbie breaths out slowly, having some form of internal debate with himself, before opening the door further, "he's in his room."

"Thank you."

"Wait, Alex..."

"Yes?"

"Please try to get him out of bed."