𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Song: Broken by Jonah Kagen

**

Third Person

Third Person

Monday October 30, 2023

Teenage angst is such a common phrase that is often used on teenager when they seem to be having a bad day, or when they won't fall in line with how their parents expect them to be, when they become fed up with society expectations and the expectations of those that were meant to shower them with unconditional love. If you sit back and really think about it, 'teenage angst' is just one giant excuse that adults choose to use so they don't have to look into the real reason behind said teenagers actions.

Maybe the reason behind their actions is because they are just teenagers, hormones are high and emotions are all over the place, but what if that's not the reason at all?

Did anybody once sit down beside said teenager in question and attempt to hold a conversation with them? Did you simply assume you are always right just on the premise that you are older and apparently far more wise and superior. It shouldn't be that way, you could have lived on this planet for well over one hundred years and you still won't know everything it has to offer. It's almost like all of the people that walk this planet are just human beings that are all capable of making basic mistakes. If only this pathetic species could get off their high horse for once and take a good look around.

Admitting your child knows something isn't going to kill your ego, especially if you are arguing about something stupid like what day of the week the ninth of august falls on, and you keep claiming your right and yelling at your child to look at a calendar when they were looking at a calendar the entire time, but what could they possibly know? After all, they are just kids.

Alexandra-Alexus Ariana Marino is far from perfect, everybody knows that, she knows that, but at least she tries, and she tries so fucking hard to be the person everyone wants her to be even if she suffers in the process, shouldn't that count as something in the eyes of her eldest brother?

Nobody knows the real her anyway, nobody knows the storms she was asked to walk through completely alone, nobody know the childhood she was forced to endure, including the guys that were meant to be her protectors, nobody know about all the things she wishes to do to herself when she's left completely alone, nobody knows how desperately she begs some higher power to just let her body give up, and Nobody knows how much she despises herself.

If she doesn't even know who she is, why does she sit up all night and pray for once that someone will actually see her.

You look at the depressed sixteen year old girl and just assume she's searching for the attention she could never get at home, which should be a tad bit concerning within itself, or maybe it's simply this 'teenage angst' thing that people keep spouting.