𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Song: Forget I exist by Sam ManPherson

**

Alexandra Ariana Marino

Wednesday November 1, 2023

"I have lost hope again, I have lost hope again, I have lost all hope again. As I have so many times in my life, hope will return I hope, but I do not feel this way now. The blackness outside, before the morning comes, the deep darkness in me now. The silence of no one here, I have lost hope again, and it is still not light." ~ Shalom Freedman

You would think that after you have spent your entire life being disappointed by those you hold closest to you that you would stop loving but that's not really the case.

Take abusive parents for instance, abused kids don't stop loving their parents, not often that is, they stop loving themselves.

They lose the last ounce of hope that you once carried in their heart, and if hope is the one thing that carries us through the darkest parts of our lives what do we do when it is completely shattered?

The hope of Giovanni loving me somewhere deep down was shattered the second he chose to believe Jasper over his own sister.

The same event also shattered the hope that I could tell someone about Amado, if he believes him over me what would stop him from putting Zio Amado before me as well.

Sometimes you hurt the ones you love the most, sometimes you lose the ones you claimed you'd always hold close, and sometimes you learn, but by then isn't it too late?

It's far too fucking late.

Not even giving a single fuck about sneaking out of my house to get to school, it's clear what my brother think of me.

"Where do you think you're going?" My eldest brother asks, as if he actually cares.

Bullshit.

"School." I responded bluntly.

"Whatever, we will discuss what you went on about yesterday, that's not an okay thing to lie about. You need to learn that saying shit like that because of an argument can ruin someone's life. Now go."

I slammed the door behind me not caring about the possible repercussions.

I just... Don't care.

**

While I was trying to walk in the direction of my English class that I has previously promised I would meet him in, I ended up being dragged into the closet. No wait, scratch that, I was picked up and thrown into the closet which caused my head to hit the sharp corner of the metal shelves.

I can already feel the crimson blood trickling down my face, that will probably end up scaring ... Shit.

"What did I tell you princess Lexi? Nobody believes a slut... You should have listened the first damn time."