𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Song: Do all my friends hate me by Mckenna

**

Roberto Andres Lopez

Thursday November 2, 2023

Nobody knows how bad it was a year ago, damn nobody knows how bad it was just six freaking months ago. I don't think Manuel ever told me the full story.

It's one of those things he chose to keep under lock and key and it almost destroyed him.

It will destroy him.

All I could picture every time I entered the bathroom of our old townhome was my kid laying unconscious and surrounded by empty pill bottles. That's something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy.

It sticks with you even if you pretend to sit around and act like it doesn't.

I don't bring up that I can't stop thinking about the fact I could have lost my entire world in one night, I know Manny and if I told him about that little fact he would feel guilty and that's not something I want.

The last thing I want is to be the source of anymore of his pain, he never deserved the cards he was dealt.

I don't know all the details about what happened at his old school but I hope Manny has at least talked about it with his therapist, he went through four before he found one he was willing to work with which I'm thankful for, I just hope if he isn't comfortable talking to me then he talks to her.

Maybe Alex and Dante could help him open up a bit more, he seems to like them around, I haven't seen him smiling so much.... Ever....

He even cleaned his room yesterday and that's something he has always struggled to do, especially in more recent months.

His therapist told me that his depression makes it hard from him to do tasks that most people may deep simple such as tidying up his bedroom or even things such as showering or brushing his teeth.

He seems to be feeling better lately, not that he would tell me what runs through his mind on a daily basis.

I don't fault him for not wanting to discuss it with me, he doesn't like to bring up the overdose either around me, I think some part of him still feels guilty that I had to be the one that found him even though I wish he wouldn't. He was in so much pain and I knew that... I knew he was hurting... I just never thought he would take that step.

I suppose we never assume they would though, huh?

I remember how scared he was when he told me he was gay, almost like he assumed I would have sent him straight into the foster care system for trying to be authentically himself. I fought so damn hard to get him under my care that something so simple like who he decides to take to bed won't cause me to undo that progress. Not much would...