𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒

Song: Bigger Person by Lauren Spencer Smith

**

Alexandra Ariana Marino

Wednesday August 19, 2015 - Eight years ago

"I don't want him here!" I shout for the millionth time as tears run viciously down my rosy cheeks.

"Stop whining like a damn baby Alexandra-Alexus, I'm not going to be here to babysit you because some of us actually have a fucking job that they need to attend to." He seethed.

I'm only eight, obviously I can't get a job, is something wrong with his head?

"You don't get a babysitter for Ally and DanDan and we are the same age!"

"Stop with the fucking backtalk and grow up. Dante isn't my responsibility since I am not his legal guardian and Alessio actually follows my rules-" no he doesn't you just don't lecture him like you do me, "-and your uncle Amado was kind enough to volunteer his good time to take care of you and keep you out of trouble so stop being an ungrateful brat and sit your ass down."

Tired of arguing I finally oblige, why do I constantly have to be the bigger person?

What did I do to deserve this?

Friday October 27, 2023 - Present

"Sometimes all you can do is smile, move on with your day, hold back the tears, and pretend you're okay." ~ Unknown

I will be okay, or perhaps that's what the world wants to hear me say.  They want to hear me say that one day the darkness that has become Alexandra Marino would just be gone like that side of her never actually existed and it's been all some long and twisted nightmare. That would make everyone so much happier, right?

Truth is the supposed darkness I speak of will never completely go away, it will always be there waiting to come out to play when things start to get good again.

The scars you can't see are ironically the hardest to heal, the day that imaginary darkness goes away is the same day my heart beats one last time, but maybe that wouldn't be too bad.

For now I am just here, sneaking out of my bedroom in the dead of the night just so I can get some food because the last thing I would want is to faint at my concert tomorrow, which is actually today since it's like two in the damn morning.

That honestly doesn't sound all that fun.

"Why the hell does it look like you are about to rob your own house." The sound of Antonio's voice causes me to stop in my tracks. I was so close yet so damn far.