25. Ethan (Henry)

A/N: I figured out a way to write from my phone! The only problem is I can't reply to any messages in my inbox (i can respond to comments). If you've PMed me, i promise I'm not ignoring you. i see you, i just can't reply from my phone. the next time i'll be on my laptop is probably tomorrow (monday). Also, i'm sick rn so my writing is probably not that good, but hopefully y'all like it :)

When Henry met Ethan, he was a little scared for Bea. He didn't want her to get hurt or pressured into a situation where she had to drink. He didn't know how much Ethan knew about Bea's situation, but if he didn't know anything... Anyways, he was so glad that Alex took care of threatening Ethan, he said the perfect things. Henry wouldn't have come up with something like that. It was so nice to see Alex caring about Bea as much as Henry does.

"Hen, what are you thinking about?" Alex asked. They were back in their room now and getting ready for bed.

"Nothing," he lied.

"Are you thinking about Ethan?" Alex guessed. 

"Yeah," Henry relented. 

"He seemed like a nice guy, I guess," Alex said. 

"Yeah, but—" Henry started.

"I know, but we have to trust Bea, you know? Plus, I already did the threatening part, so we're all good in that department. Also, Ethan looks like he really likes Bea, but we'll be there if he ever does something to Bea," Alex reassured him. 

"Yeah," Henry said, "Bea looked happy. I'm glad she finally found someone to date. She's normally really conservative in that department."

"Exactly! She knows that most of the men in this world are assholes, so she wouldn't have chosen someone who couldn't care for her!"

Henry felt a little better now, because Alex was right. Ethan did look at Bea the same way that Henry looks at Alex, though a little less intensely because their relationship was new and Henry and Alex were getting married. 

~ time skip to the morning ~

They ate breakfast with Bea and she asked, "So, how did you guys like him?"

"He seemed good," Alex said, "But he's a goner if he hurts you."

"I'm glad you finally found someone, but I don't want to see you get hurt," Henry said.

"I won't get hurt. And if I do, you two will be the first to know," Bea promised. 

"Good," Henry said.

"Ethan's actually coming again today," Bea informed them. 

"Oh really?" Alex asked, "When?"

"In, like, an hour."

"Ok," Henry said. 

~ time skip to when Ethan arrives ~

"Ethan!!" Bea exclaimed and jumped into his arms. Ethan smiled and hugged her back while kissing her forehead. 

"Ethan," Henry nodded. He still wasn't used to his sister having a boyfriend. At least he greeted him though, Alex just nodded and glared at him. Oh well, Alex took on the job of being the mean one so Henry has to take on the job of being the partially nice one. 

"Hi Henry, Alex," Ethan greeted.

They spent the afternoon playing board games and cracking jokes. Henry actually got to know Ethan a little more, and he was warming up to him a little bit. Not that he would admit that to anyone though. 

When Alex and Bea stepped out to do something, Henry wasn't paying attention, all he knew it was something stupid, he finally got some alone time with Ethan. He studied him for a couple seconds, how Ethan's eyes lingered on Bea's retreating figure, how Ethan was always smiling when Bea was around, how Bea was always smiling back. 

"You seem like a nice guy," Henry finally told him. 

Ethan looked surprised, "Uh, thanks. Your fiancé doesn't seem to think that, though."

"Oh, he does. He's actually the one who convinced me that you were a nice guy. He just has a tendency of not showing it too well. He wants to come off threatening because he wants to make sure you know that if you ever hurt Bea, you're going to be in big trouble. Which you are," Henry said. 

"Oh, um, okay," Ethan replied, "I don't plan on hurting her. She's such a nice, caring, beautiful girl who has such a big heart and deserves the world. She deserves a relationship like yours and Alex's."

And Henry didn't know how Ethan managed to say exactly the right thing, but he did, and he was completely sold that Ethan was a good man. He wasn't going to hurt Bea. Henry was so glad that Ethan saw what an amazing girl his sister was. 

When Alex and Bea came back, and Bea looked so perfectly content curled up against Ethan's side, Henry was content too. He smiled at Alex and they had an amazing day.