21. Sick Day (Henry)

A/N: I keep seeing fanfictions out there where Alex gets sick and Henry takes the day off to take care of him, so I decided to flip it this time :) Hope you enjoy! Also, I created my first RWRB edit today and I have no idea how many more I am going to make because I'm more focused on writing, but in case you want to check it out, here it is: https://youtube.com/shorts/YotkbbIZs1Y

--

This morning, Henry woke up feeling like shit. There simply was no other way to put it. He felt horrible and he really didn't want to get out of bed. Alex was still sleeping so that meant it had to be before 6 am. Henry tried to stand up so he could get himself a glass of water and some painkillers because he had a pounding headache, but he almost collapsed immediately after standing up. Luckily, the bed was there to catch him. Unluckily, Alex got woken up because of that. 

"Hen? You okay?" Alex asked while sitting up.

"Yeah, don't worry," Henry said, but he sounded sick even to himself. 

Alex raised his eyebrows, "You don't sound okay."

"I promise, I'm fine," Henry tried. He knew Alex was so busy and he didn't need to worry about Henry on top of everything else.

"Henry, I know when you lie. And this is one of those times," Alex said.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me, just go do your work," Henry replied.

Alex sighed, "Hen, I'm not going to work knowing that you're sick."

"But-"

"No buts! I'm taking care of you today. You never get sick, so this is going to be a shocker for your system. I would know, because I never get sick either," Alex insisted.

"Fine," Henry relented.

"Good," Alex said and pressed the back of his hand against his forehead.

"Fuck, Henry, you're burning up! Do you have a headache?" Alex asked. Henry just nodded.

"Okay, I'm getting you some food and Motrin. Then, you're going back to sleep, okay?" Alex said. Henry nodded again. 

When Alex came back to the room 10 minutes later, he was holding some of their leftovers from last night's dinner and 2 tablets of painkillers.

"Here you go baby," Alex gave him the plate of food but kept the painkillers in his hand, "Finish your food first, then I'll give you the Motrin. It's not good to have it on an empty stomach."

Henry ate the food quickly, mainly because it was the leftovers of something Alex had cooked, and partially because he really wanted to take his painkillers. 

"Thanks so much Alex," Henry said after finishing his breakfast and medicine. 

"Of course, love," Alex said in a terrible british accent, "Come on, my accent's better, isn't it?"

Henry laughed and shook his head violently. Alex laughed along too, then pretended to be offended, then went back to laughing. 

They spent the rest of the day in bed and relaxed while binging a bunch of shows, stopping whenever Henry complained of a headache again, and just enjoying each other's company. And even though Alex got sick a few days later, and Henry was the one staying home and giving him company, he was perfectly content and in love. He could get used to a life like this forever.