38. Accepting Ethan (Ethan)

a/n - this is still part of their honeymoon btw.

p.s. i didn't know what bea's favorite breakfast food is so don't kill me :)

The next day, Ethan decided to pay Beatrice a visit. He knew that Alex and Henry were going to be there, which is why he was a little scared, but that wasn't going to stop him from seeing Bea. The palace guards had gotten used to seeing him around so often, so he got into the palace without the same struggle as he once did. 

It was still pretty early in the morning so he didn't expect Bea to be awake just yet, but it made it easier for Ethan to surprise her. He went into the kitchen preparing himself to make some food for Bea, but he didn't find an empty kitchen. Henry was also there. 

"Oh! Hi! Sorry, I didn't expect to see anyone in here," Ethan stammered.

"It's ok," Henry smiled, "Wait, why are you here so early? Did you spend the night?"

"No, I didn't spend the night," Ethan chuckled, "I just got here. I was going to surprise Bea but then I realized she wouldn't be awake and then I figured I could make some breakfast for her."

"Aw that's so sweet," Henry grinned, "I'm glad you're treating her so well. I like you Ethan."

"I'm glad. If only your husband could say the same," Ethan smiled and mumbled the last part.

"He can, he just likes teasing you," Henry reassured him. Ethan was surprised that Henry heard him. 

"Are you sure about that? Because it seems like he doesn't like me that much," Ethan said.

"Trust me, he does. He just doesn't want to admit it. He wants to appear as the threatening and overprotective brother so that you know not to hurt Bea," Henry explained.

"Well I've gotta give kudos to him, he does that very well," Ethan said.

Henry let out a laugh, "You're a funny one. Anyways, I'm going to get back to Alex and I'll just leave you to do your thing. Maybe I'll send Alex down here to help you since he's a really good cook."

"Oh, no that's not necessary," Ethan said through a fake smile.

Henry chuckled, "Who knows, maybe it will cause Alex to warm up to you."

"Really?" Ethan asked hopefully. Henry shrugged and left the room.

Ethan sighed and went on his phone to try and find some good recipes. He actually doesn't know what Bea's favorite breakfast food is so he was trying to find something good that she might like. He finally just settled on an English breakfast because he knows that everyone likes that, even him. He got started on the eggs first because that's what he's best at making. He had just put the eggs on the pan on the stove before he heard someone.

"Hey Ethan," Alex greeted while walking to the fridge to pull out an apple.

"Oh, um, hi," Ethan greeted back nervously. Alex smirked a little bit seeing his scared demeanor.

"A little birdie told me you were here to surprise Bea," Alex said.

"Well that 'little birdie' is a little bigger than you," Ethan muttered under his breath.

Alex barked out a laugh, "You've got jokes, kid."

"Thanks?" Ethan said.

"No problem," Alex said while taking a bite out of his apple, "I'm also here to help you."

"I can make breakfast myself, thanks," Ethan said. He knew that Alex only meant well but he wanted to do this for Bea by himself. He didn't need any scary brothers to help him out. If anything, he wanted to do this himself to prove to Alex that he could take care of Bea.

"Ok... I mean I was going to tell you exactly how Bea likes her English breakfast since that's what it seems like you're making, but I can just let you be," Alex took another bite out of his apple. Ethan debated whether or not he wanted to be stubborn and refuse Alex's offer or just take him up on it and make a breakfast Bea would enjoy. Never mind, he didn't even have to debate about it.

"Ok fine. You can help," Ethan relented.

Alex grinned, "Great!"

Ethan smiled back. Alex actually didn't seem to have a problem with him this morning. 

"Ok I'll let you do all the cooking since this is your girlfriend and you probably want to do all the cooking for her. I'll just tell you what to do, capiche?" Alex started.

"You got it," Ethan replied. 

"So first off, she doesn't like mushrooms to be sure to just not make those at all..." Alex started explaining and they spent half an hour just bonding over Bea and making a breakfast she would love. Ethan has got to admit, Alex is a pretty cool person when he's not busy trying to scare Ethan. And if it seems like Alex came to the same realization about Ethan then no one has to know.

When it was done, Alex gave Ethan a high five and let him take the breakfast to Bea.

Before he left he said to Alex, "Thank you, it means a lot."

Alex smiled at him, "Of course, you're actually a pretty cool person. I'm glad I spent time with you this morning. I promise I'm done trying to scare you, just remember my threats if you hurt Bea."

"I wouldn't dream of hurting her," Ethan said sincerely.

"Good," Alex nodded, "Now go give her the breakfast!"

Little did they know, Bea had witnessed the whole thing before running to her room so she wouldn't get caught. It warmed her heart to see two very important people in her life finally getting along. 

--

a/n - i hope you liked the chapter! ik it was a bit of a change bc it was in a pov that wasn't alex or henry's but it added a good twist to the story, don't you think? anyways, enjoy your day!!