6. The Fundraiser (Alex)

Because of what happened yesterday, he didn't want to spend the day alone in his room again studying, so he decided to help Henry, June, and Nora sort out whatever his mom is having trouble with. Not that he could focus easily, with Henry there.

His mom was explaining something, and all he could look at was Henry's focused face, his hair which he had dreamed about touching ever since he was thirteen. Not to mention they were told that they could dress casually, so Henry had decided to wear a tank top which showed all his muscles. God, Alex was so gone for this man. He still couldn't believe he had ever let himself get away with thinking he was straight. 

"Alex!" June yelled, causing him to jump out of his thoughts.

"What?" he questioned, wondering why he had to be pulled out of his Henry-related thoughts.

"Stop staring and smiling at Henry," she started, causing him to blush and look down, "and PAY ATTENTION! Mom was asking you a question!" 

Nora and Henry snickered while his mom just looked at him expectantly, "What was the question again?" 

"Are you up for going with June, Nora, and Henry to the fundraiser this evening in my place because Russia launched these submarines that have nuclear missiles on them and they might attack the US. They don't seem to care for MAD anymore, so I need to make sure they don't start a World War 3," his mom explained. 

(A/N: Ik that the timeline isn't rlly aligning, but just go with it. MAD stands for mutually assured destruction - it's where countries with nuclear weapons know that if they attack another country with nuclear weapons, they are assured to be attacked back and both countries would be destroyed. Also, Russia's launch of the nuclear submarines happened near the end of 2022 during the war with Ukraine - still ongoing atm)

"Yes, of course Ma," Alex says, thinking he can just spend time with Henry the whole fundraiser. I mean, they'll be seated at the same table and then he can maybe sneak Henry into a locked room like he did at the dinner where he made out with him in the Red Room. 

"Great, thank you dear," she said, and off she went, striding out of the room like the queen she has always acted like. Not that Alex can blame her, she's the fucking president of the US. That's, like, equivalent to the power level of the queen in England. 

Alex and Henry walked back to their room to spend some time alone before they had to go to the fundraiser, and Alex knew exactly what he wanted to do.

"Henry, want to watch some Star Wars?" he asked innocently.

"Why am I scared to say yes?" Henry shot back, looking skeptical.

"Is that a yes?" Alex hopefully asked.

"Umm.. yes?" Henry seemed like he was still skeptical. It was ok. He had every right to be. Because Alex planned to show him EXACTLY how Empire was better than Jedi.

"Great! And now, because you are so terribly wrong in your favorite Star Wars movie, and because I already know you're all mushy and cute and caring on the inside, I am going to make you admit that Empire is the better movie," Alex stated, with a determined glint in his eyes.

"I just knew I shouldn't say yes!" Henry exclaimed. But they were already in their room, settled on the couch, with Alex trapping Henry in. Alex also had the remote, so he was victorious. 

Before they knew it, the movie was over, and Alex was turning towards Henry, "See! This has a much better plot and characters than Jedi!" 

"I stand loyal to my favorite," Henry said stubbornly. Alex just could not take this. He decided to play dirty, he would do whatever it takes to turn Henry. After all, he loved him and couldn't let Henry live with such bad choices.

Alex straddled Henry and whispered low and deep into Henry's ear, "But don't you want to stay loyal to your boyfriend?" He asked innocently, nibbling on his ear and kissing behind it in the sensitive spot. Henry let out a gasp. Alex kept kissing him down his neck, back up to his jaw, leaving some hickeys in places that he knew wouldn't be visible during the fundraiser.

"I-" Henry started then got interrupted by a groan when Alex put his hands up his shirt and started rubbing his chest. 

Alex was about to kiss him on his lips when June barged in.

"EWW GUYS STOP IT!" she yelled, covering her eyes while Alex jumped off of Henry in surprise. 

"June! What the fuck are you doing in here?!" Alex exclaimed. He was kind of mad that June had interrupted them. 

"I was coming to tell you guys that the fundraiser is starting soon and was coming to see what was taking y'all so long to get ready," she said, "Now I see what happened." 

"Okay, okay! We're getting ready!" Alex replied, "Just go back to your girlfriend, we'll get ready, I promise." 

June huffed and left the room. Alex kind of felt bad for her. After all, she was subjected to seeing a bunch of emails that weren't supposed to be leaked that held a bunch of information that no one in his family life really wanted to see. Not that he could blame them, of course. He didn't want anyone but Henry to see it either. 

"I still think Jedi is better," Henry started, before Alex shot him a glare.

"We're getting back to this," Alex said simply, and got up from the couch to get his and Henry's suit out of the closet.

Once they were ready, they made their way downstairs to June and Nora. Then, off they went to the fundraiser.

June had decided to wear a red dress, while Nora went with a black one. Henry was looking absolutely stunning in his suit, and it took all of Alex's willpower not to kiss him senseless. But they were in a car with Alex's sister and his best friend and he knew that they would not want to see them making out. 

Once they reached the fundraiser, it was complete chaos. Everyone was asking them where the president was, or what she was planning to do about Russia's new nuclear subs. He was glad that the waves of questions about his and Henry's relationship had died down to a minimum, but there were some still thrown out there, and Alex just didn't want to answer any more questions. 

(A/N: Pt 2 of "The Fundraiser" is coming in Henry's POV for the rest of the night. This has been the longest part I've written so far, pretty much double the word count of most of my previous parts - about 1133 words.)