24. Surprise?! (Alex)

Henry had been feeling really homesick lately, not so much for England, but more so for Bea. Alex couldn't blame him, he missed June and Nora a lot and that was with them in the same country, and a 1 hour flight away. 

He didn't like seeing Henry this sad, so he decided that he was going to bring Henry to England. The shelter was doing fine, and it wasn't too busy right now, and Alex's work was really slow so if he really needed to, he could do it from England. 

"Okay, Henry, get up. We're going to England," Alex announced while walking into thheir living room. 

"What?!" Henry exclaimed and jumped up. 

"You heard me, we're going to England," Alex repeated.

Henry stuttered, "B-but we can't just up and leave!" 

"We're not, I planned this whole thing. Bea knows, Zahra approved it, and Cash and Amy are in the car waiting for us right now. I even got our stuff packed," Alex said. Henry looked surprised and just followed him out the door. 

They rode in the car for a few minutes in silence, until Henry finally broke it and asked, "Why are we going to England?"

Alex looked at him. Honestly he thought it was obvious, but Alex must've infected him with his "thickness". Alex replied, "Because you miss your sister."

"How do you know that?" Henry asked, as if Alex didn't know every single damn thing about him. As if Alex hadn't learned what all Henry's mannerisms meant. As if Alex didn't spend every day studying Henry. 

"I can just tell," Alex finally decided on saying. Henry smiled to himself. Honestly, Alex knew where he was coming from. Being a prince and being gay is hard. It was hard enough to believe that Henry was his after all this time, but imagine being aware of your feelings for a while and then your dreams finally come true. That's got to be something else. 

~ time skip to when they arrive at the palace ~

Alex and Henry walked up the stairs and unpacked all their stuff in Henry's room where they normally stay. They were on their way to Bea's room when they ran into Phillip. 

"Hello Henry," Phillip greeted stiffly, "Alex," with a nod. 

"Hi Phillip," Henry said with the same face that Alex used to think was an emotionless face. Oh how wrong he was. Wrong time, he told himself. 

"What are you guys doing here?" Phillip asked. 

"This is our home as much as it is yours. But we're here to see Bea," Alex stepped in.

"I was not talking to you," Phillip said. 

"Phillip," Henry started, "Alex is my fiancé. You need to get used to that. When all three of us are here, Alex is part of the conversation. Even if he isn't here, I'll probably still find a way to bring him into the conversation."

Alex smiled. Henry had been standing up to his brother more and more in the past couple of months, and Alex was here for it. He was so glad that Henry was finally starting to see that the way Phillip was treating him isn't okay. 

"Ok. I'll let you guys go then," Phillip walked off. Oh well. Some people never change. 

They finally made it to Bea's room and they heard muffled voices coming from behind the door. Alex looked at Henry, confused, but Henry just shrugged back at him. Alex opened the door to see Bea laughing with a guy on her couch and they were leaning in for... a kiss?

"HI BEA!" Henry said really loudly before they could do anything that Alex and Henry didn't want to see. 

"Henry!" Bea exclaimed, looking surprised and slightly annoyed, "You sure know when to burst in!"

"Yep, I most certainly do. And who is this young lad, if I may ask?" Henry said in a calm tone that Alex knew meant that he was anything but calm. 

"He's, um, my boyfriend," Bea told them, "Surprise?!"

Henry looked shocked and a little hurt, but most importantly he looked very protective, "How come you didn't tell me?"

While Bea was rambling out a reply, Alex stepped over to her boyfriend, "What's your name?"

"Ethan," he replied, looking confident. Not for long. 

"Ok Ethan. Here's what's going to happen. That girl over there that you're dating, she is my sister-in-law. She also happens to be the princess of England. I happen to be the fucking son of the president of the US. Guess who my fiancé is?" 

Ethan swallowed, "The prince."

"Bingo! So, now that you know exactly how much power we hold, if you harm her or break her heart, you are dead," Alex gave him a glare. 

Ethan swallowed again, "Got it."

"Good," Alex went back over to Henry, who was looking at him like he just won the lottery. 

"Thank you," he mouthed. Alex nodded at him. Bea was such a sweet girl and she deserved a loving relationship like his and Henry's. Maybe without all the traumatic stuff. 

They all hung out, Alex occasionally gave Ethan a few glares, and Bea glared at him. Whatever, Ethan needed to know that he could not mess with Bea. He and Henry made out during some periods of privacy. They went back to hanging out. Then, Ethan went home and they finally got some alone time with Bea. 

"Can you please do something that will pay me back for all that pining I did over Alex?" Henry pleaded. 

"What do you mean?" Bea wondered. 

"I mean, can you complain about him or pine about him or something? Put me through the torture that I put you through?"

Alex had no idea why Henry would ask that, but that's how they ended up talking about Ethan for the rest of the night.