18. Teach Them A Lesson (Alex)

Alex and Henry decided that they wanted to have some fun, so they decided to go to the mall and go around to their favorite stores. Alex was wearing a simple white shirt with chinos and sunglasses, while Henry was wearing a black shirt and jeans with a hat with a pride flag on it. 

They're at Bath & Body right now and Alex is leaning on one of the shelves and smiling at his fiancé while he picks up the various scented candles that he loved. Alex was supposed to be picking up some new towels and stuff but he didn't care, he loved watching Henry. 

Alex was still watching Henry when another guy came up to Alex and scoffed. Alex turned towards him, confused. But before he could ask him what he did, the guy spoke. 

"Dude, can you believe that gay? Like, okay, show your support, wear the pride flag, but you don't have to act so gay in public, you know? At least he's not making out with some guy here."

Alex took a second to process that the guy was talking to him, and another second to process that he was talking about his fiancé. Once that settled in, he was furious. No one should be able to talk about him like that. And who goes trash-talking someone for being themselves to some rando that they see? 

Alex decided to see how far this guy would go before realizing who he was talking to. Unless the guy was living under a rock. "Yeah, I mean, let's hate on that guy, you know? He's being gay in public, what a crime..." 

"Exactly! You get it!" The guy turned to face Alex. Alex doesn't think that the guy would be able to recognize him because of the sunglasses so he was about to take them off. 

Just before he took them off, Henry turned around and said, "I'm just going over there real quick, I'll be right back," while pointing to another aisle. 

"Okay," Alex said. Henry walked off.  

"Wait, you're friends with that guy?" The man beside him asked, surprised. 

"No," Alex replied. 

The guy breathed a sigh of relief, "Good, you shouldn't be involved with those kinds of people." 

Alex took off his sunglasses, "I guess you shouldn't be involved with me then. I'm dating that guy."

The man's eyes widened when he realized who he was talking to, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry Mr. Claremont-Diaz! I didn't mean you, of course!" 

Alex got frustrated, "Look, I get it, you're homophobic, even though you shouldn't be - love is love - but that doesn't mean that you become unhomophobic when you're faced with an awesome celebrity like me just because you want to get on their good side. And I shouldn't be excluded from the LGBT community, that's even more offensive."

"I didn't mean it like that," the guy stammered, "I'm so sorry again." 

The guy walked away, and Alex hoped that he had learned his lesson. Alex walked around and found Henry at another aisle and he wrapped his arms around Henry's waist and rested his head on his back. 

"Hey Alex," Henry said, "What's up?"

"I really love you, Hen, just the way you are," Alex told him. He knew that Henry knew that, but after his experience, he really just wanted to let Henry know. 

"I really love you too, just the way you are," Henry smiled, and they finished their trip to the mall with smiles on their faces the whole time.