3. Comfort Pt. 2 (Ellen)

After hearing about the bad day her son had, she felt guilty for not spending more time with her son while he was visiting for the first time in a while and what would be another long while. Especially since he had such a bad day. 

She crept closer to Alex and Henry's room. She heard them talking so she stopped by the door so that she could listen for when they were done talking so that she could come in without interrupting. Also because she wanted to see how Henry took care of Alex.

"...and I don't know where I put it," Alex was saying.

"Alright, fine. But I want to make sure no one makes you cry again," Henry had said in response, and that made Ellen's heart melt. She was glad that Henry cared so much, not that she had any doubt after everything that they've been through and somehow made it out stronger.

She waited a couple more minutes to make sure nothing else followed and then made her way into the room. She saw Alex and Henry cuddled together on the bed, sleeping, and she decided that she wouldn't ever have to worry about her son again (not that it would stop her from worrying) because he was so well taken care of. 

Alex shifted in his sleep, turning in Henry's arms so that he was facing Henry and hugging him back. Henry's grip seemed to tighten on Alex a little bit. Ellen's heart did a couple flips before returning to normal. She's so glad that Alex has found such a great relationship and she's sure that it will last forever.

She went to bed in peace that night, knowing that her Alex will always be taken care of as long as he's with Henry.