8. The Dinner Party (Alex)

They had yet another dinner party to go to, but this time it was in the White House and the president was actually there. Henry, Alex, June, and Nora were just required there because they were part of the first family. Henry was considered a part because he's dating Alex, and Nora was considered a part because they've been friends forever and she was the granddaughter of the vice president.

They were currently seated at a table with some people from a famous law firm and some government officials from all over the country. With Alex's luck, there would be someone from Texas at his table. 

"Remind me what this is for again?" Henry asked beside him. Alex knows that Henry would've rather spent the evening lounging around in their room, watching stuff, or maybe not watching it... Alex wanted to do that too. Ever since Henry had come into his life, all Alex ever wanted to do was spend time with him. His passion was still to be a congressman, that wouldn't change, but Alex didn't want to drive Henry away just because he can't pull himself out of his studies. He knows that Henry wouldn't do that realistically, after everything they've been through, he wouldn't just leave because Alex was studying too much. Especially if he knows how much Alex wants to become a congressman. But nonetheless, Alex is still paranoid about Henry leaving after something or the other, and he's paranoid that Henry will decide that Alex just simply isn't worth it anymore.

"It's one of those dinners where my mom invites a lot of government people from different states, so that she can monitor everything that's going on," Alex replies.

"Hi! Are you Alex?" a lady says from beside him.

He turns to face her. She's not a bad looking woman. But, of course, no one could compare to Henry, "Yes. Who are you?"

"I'm Jennifer Cornyn. I'm the daughter of one of the senators from Texas," she replied with a smile. This got Alex interested immediately. After all, he really loved Texas.

(A/N: idk if this person exists or not, I just know that I came up with the name on the spot - idk how this name came up but it is what it is)

Alex reached out a hand for her to shake, and she accepted and flashed a smile. She also made a lot of eye contact and she held on to the handshake for one second more than necessary. Huh, Alex thought, this girl is weird.

"So, tell me about yourself, Alex," she said in a voice that he would normally assume was flirty if the whole world didn't know that he and Henry were in a happy, healthy, and loving relationship. Alex assumes that he's just imagining things, and he plays along. 

"Well, there's not much about me that people don't know, so, uh, ask me whatever you want to know."

"What's your favorite song?"

"Don't Stop Me Now," Alex replied, and turned with a smirk and winked at Henry. But he was only met with a frown. Henry's mouth lifted at the corners just a bit when he mentioned the song, but Henry didn't look happy.

"Ok, well, now I get to ask a question. What's going on in Texas? The news doesn't seem to want to focus on Texas," Alex said, hoping that would give the lady the hint that he's done with small talk. 

"Well, I've just turned 21 and they threw a big party for that," she said while running a hand up his arm.

Alex shifted away uncomfortably. He didn't know what was wrong with this woman, he just wanted to talk about Texas. He definitely knew that she was flirting with him now. He looked over at Henry, hoping that Henry could see him pleading with his eyes to help him. 

Then, Henry whispered, "Just focus your attention on me, then she'll get the hint,"

Alex agreed. It was a good idea, I mean she had to know that Alex didn't want to break up with Henry, he wanted to fucking marry him. Had she not seen the news in the past couple months? Sure, they weren't engaged but everyone knew that it was going to happen eventually. 

But Henry decided that he wasn't going to talk to Alex to keep his attention on him, he was going to fucking tease him. Henry first loosened his tie so Alex could see his Adam's apple. Then, he ran his hands through his hair and ruffled it a little bit. Alex couldn't tear his eyes away from Henry, even when the Jennifer girl tried to get his attention, he was so captured in what Henry was doing to him. Henry then put his hand on Alex's knee. It was a simple touch but with everything else, Alex just couldn't breathe. 

Alex stood up, leaned down to whisper directly into Henry's ear, and said, "Meet me in the Red Room."

Yes, Alex recognized the irony. No, Alex didn't care. He just wanted Henry to explain to him what was going on in that mind of his, and maybe just kiss him a little bit too.

He was pacing the Red Room when Henry came in. 

"What was that about?" Alex asked as soon as Henry closed the door.

"She was flirting with you," Henry shrugged, as if that answered all the questions in the world.

"So? You know I would never cheat on you." Alex said.

"Yeah, but I don't exactly have the best track record with jealousy," Henry looked down.

Alex laughed and backed Henry into a wall, "Oh trust me, I'm glad. If you didn't get jealous, we'd never have had our first kiss."

Henry smiled that beautiful smile and Alex decided enough was enough. Alex smashed his lips onto Henry's, their mouths moving in tandem. Alex then mouthed along Henry's jaw down to his neck and made his way to Henry's Adam's apple. Henry was flushed now and breathing heavily. Then, Alex heard footsteps.

"We'll continue this later," Alex said.

Henry just nodded and they snuck back out to the party. Throughout the rest of the night, Alex made sure that Henry knew that he had no reason to be jealous, because Alex was Henry's and only Henry's. 

A/N: Hi guys! I really wanted to write a fic about Henry being jealous but I didn't know how so hopefully I did good :) Please, don't hesitate to drop any suggestions for how to improve my writing. And, I would never turn down a suggestion if you guys have anything you want to see me write.