7. The Fundraiser Pt. 2 (Henry)

There were so many questions. All he wanted was for them to pick up where they left off when June interrupted them. He had been convinced a long time ago that Empire was actually better. Perhaps he had started turning when they were trapped in that storage closet at the hospital during the time when Alex still hated him. Not that he would tell Alex, of course, especially if it got him in situations like that.

"What are you thinking about, baby?"  Alex asked.

"You." Henry stated absentmindedly. 

Just then, a reporter came up from behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. They had been standing in a less crowded area, hoping that no one disturbed them while they were talking to some people, but of course they could not go one night without some reporter coming to check on them. 

"May we help you?" Henry asked politely, putting on his closed off reporter face. He didn't want anyone but his closest family and Alex to see his actual expressions, it seemed too intimate. Especially when Alex had told him one night that he loved that he was able to see the real Henry, not camera Henry, and that he felt special and proud knowing that.

"Yeah, actually. I'm a reporter, and I just wanted to ask you two a few questions. I'm Gabby with the Washington Post." she said, shyly. 

"Sure!" Alex jumped in, "I saw you talking with my sister and Nora and they seemed to like you."

"Great!" she seemed to regain some confidence, "So first I would like to ask you two some questions about your relationship if that's ok?" 

"Ok, sure...." Henry agreed, wondering what other questions reporters might possibly have for them after stalking them for months  and certainly reading all about their relationship in the leaked emails.  

She started asking them the standard questions until she reached one that they haven't been asked before, "Who fell first, in this relationship?"

"Oh, that one's obviously me-" Henry started before being cut off by Alex.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, baby," he said.

"I am pretty sure about that, remember how you hated me for years while I secretly loved you?" Henry asked, wondering how in the world Alex could have forgotten that tiny detail.

"Oh, I remember, but there was a time before that whole hate thing," Alex was saying, blushing slightly and looking like he regretted speaking up. Too late now, Henry thought. He was too curious.

"When I was around thirteen my sister had this magazine, and you were in it. I would-" he coughed, his blush becoming a deeper red, "I would sneak into June's room and stare at your picture, and run my hands through your hair." His blush was now a very deep scarlet and he was looking down now, clearly too embarrassed to meet my eyes.  

Henry lifted Alex's chin so that he was looking directly into his eyes and said, "I love you," then kissed his forehead and said the same thing, and repeated the process until he had kissed him everywhere on his face. He couldn't believe he hadn't known this sooner. Alex had a crush on him since he was thirteen?! 

"I love you too," Alex said and pulled him in for another kiss.

"Alright guys, before I have to witness what was written in your emails in person I would love to wrap up the interview," Gabby interrupted. 

Henry coughed, "Yes, of course. Is there any other questions that you would like us to answer?"

"Nope, I have everything, have a nice night you two," she said and winked. Henry looked over at Alex and saw that the statement that Gabby had made certainly didn't help his blush.

Henry dragged him over to an empty room so that they could have some privacy, "So... Thirteen, huh?" 

"Oh, fuck you!" Alex cried, his blush coming back.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to wait until this fundraiser is over before you can do that," Henry whispered in his ear, and then proceeded to kiss him. 

Then, Alex's phone buzzed. He groaned and picked it up, "What?"

"We're heading home, so get yours and Henry's horny asses out of whatever random closet you guys are hidden in and come to the car," June said from over the line.

Alex didn't even try to argue with what she said, "Okay, coming."

They made their way home, and while it didn't take much for everyone else to fall asleep when they made their way home, Alex and Henry had a rather long night.

A/N: Have you guys seen the new clip that they released of the RWRB movie?? I'm dying of excitement!! It looks so amazing, I cannot wait for the movie!!