5. The Great Pancake Calamity (Henry)

They went to iHop because that was the nearest strictly breakfast place and it had really good pancakes. June had also decided on joining them this morning. They were seated in a corner booth, thankfully, so hopefully no one noticed them.

"Alex, it's so good to see you again after you abandoned your mother to go to law school," Ellen started, smiling wide.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, you love me," Alex replied with a hint of a smile on his face. Henry slid closer to Alex on the booth and rested a hand on his hand, which was currently under the table and was tapping something on the seat. Alex looked over to him and smiled. Henry loved Alex's smile, it just did something inexplicable to him. Henry smiled back and kissed his cheek.

"Oh my god guys can you go one second without being so coupley and gross?" June groaned from across the table.

"Sorry, sis, no can do!" Alex replied happily.

Just then, a girl stomped over to their booth, and it was none other than Nora.

"Nora!" Henry exclaimed, being the first one to notice her, "What are you doing here?"

"The real question is why am I not here?!" she fumed.

"We came out for a family breakfast," Ellen said.

"Clearly it's not strictly family if Henry's here!" Nora replied.

"Oh come on! He's practically married to Alex!" Ellen cried. Henry blushed and coughed lightly at that. It's not that he didn't want to get married to Alex, they just hadn't talked with each other that much about it. It was only a few months after Alex's mom had been inaugurated to her second term as president, after all. 

"Yeah, yeah. So as soon as Alex finds himself a boyfriend, this girl just gets moved to the sidelines? You know, I can't believe I agreed to marry Alex out of convenience if needed," Nora started on a rant.

"Oh my god Nora just join us! It's not that big of a deal!" Henry laughed.

"I still think I should've been invited." she said stubbornly, and slid into the booth next to June.

"Anyways, we were just talking about how gross Henry and Alex were being. They were being all mushy and coupley together," June stated.

"Oh, now I don't want to be here," Nora said and made to leave.

"No don't leave now! You can't leave me alone with these two!" June cried.

"Hey! What about me?!" Ellen exclaimed.

"You're a big time supporter of them, I swear to god. This morning we were having coffee together," June addressed the table, "and she was like 'Alex and Henry make such a good couple! They're so good together! I'm so glad that they found each other!'" 

Henry looked at Alex and saw that he was blushing and covering his face. Henry laughed and said, "Well, good to know I have your mother's approval!" 

"Shut up!" Alex said in response, lightly shoving Henry, and blushed harder. 

"Aw, love, don't be like that," Henry moved back to Alex and nuzzled his face in Alex's neck.

"See what I mean! They're being coupley!" June cried. The whole table laughed at that and they enjoyed their iHop breakfast without anyone recognizing them, for once. Or they did and just decided to leave them alone. Whatever the case, Henry was glad that he got to spend some time with his boyfriend and his family like an ordinary person without any reporters or people trying to get stuff out of them.