28. Telling the World Pt. 1 (Alex)

Pt. 2 coming later... 

ALSO, THEY RELEASED A NEW DELETED SCENE FROM THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's the campfire scene where alex asked him if he meant that he couldn't afford for anyone to fall in love with him on their first night together, and he tells that story abt the king with his heart on the outside and the armor and the peasant boy... it was so awesome and i can't believe they cut it - tbh i can't believe they cut anything). 

Alex was sitting at the dining table with his glasses on when Henry came back from the shelter. 

"Welcome back, baby," Alex greeted. He walked up to hug Henry and give him a quick kiss, "How was your day?"

"It was good," Henry said, "Nothing extraordinary happened. How was yours?"

"Oh yeah, it was great. Except I wasn't with you," Alex frowned.

"I missed you too," Henry smiled, and Alex rested his head on Henry's chest in another hug. It was moments like this where Alex didn't really mind the height difference. 

They walked into the living room and sat on the couch to talk while cuddling. Alex loved it when Henry came back from work because typically they both needed a break so they got to cuddle and talk and just be together. Just then, Henry shifted nervously. 

"What's wrong?" Alex asked.

"Nothing's wrong, I just had a thought," Henry drew out.

"Ok, what is it?"

"So, I was thinking, and I think we should formally announce our engagement," Henry said.

"Oh," Alex sat up.

"I mean we don't have to if you don't want to-" Henry started saying in a rush.

"No, no, it's not that. I was just surprised is all. What- Why are you thinking about this all of a sudden?" Alex wondered. 

"I mean, it was always a thought in the back of my head because I knew we would have to eventually. I'm a prince, and you're the son of the president. Also, I don't want the whole world to think we're only boyfriends, when we're actually engaged and I don't want to have to call you my boyfriend in public when we're married. I want to call you my husband," Henry said.

Alex's heart melted. He didn't really think about all of this because they hadn't had that many public appearances since they'd gotten engaged, and when they did he didn't really think about it. Henry's right, of course, "You're right. I'm sorry I didn't think of it before. How do you want to do it?"

Henry brightened, "Well, we've already told the prime minister, so it's not going to be a total bombshell on her, thank god. And Mum probably told grandma, because technically you're supposed to get permission from her. So I was thinking we could just talk to Shaan and Zahra and our families and figure out what to do from there."

"Yeah, that sounds good," Alex said. It seems like Henry's really thought through this and it made Alex feel bad for not thinking about it before.