19. Wedding Planning Pt. 2 (Henry)

They're sitting down at their dining table after Alex had a fresh cup of coffee, and they're continuing their wedding planning. They still have to decide if they want to have a royal wedding or if they just want to keep it in the states. Henry kept telling Alex that if they had a royal wedding, it would be anything but private, but Alex kept saying that he wanted to respect Henry's royal family traditions. Henry thought that they were bullshit. He has yet to tell Alex that, though. Maybe he should, that way Alex would stop making them delay their wedding planning process. What if Alex was delaying it on purpose? What if he was having second thoughts? No, he chided himself, Alex proposed to you. You said yes. He was literally ecstatic when you said yes. He loves you more than anything else on the world. 

"Hen?" Alex asked.

Henry snapped back to the present, "Yes, love?" 

"You kind of zoned out there a little bit. You alright?" Alex seemed concerned.

Even more proof that Alex loved him a lot and still wanted to marry him. Also the fact that he was sitting here with Henry trying to plan their wedding, "Yes, I'm peachy."

Alex laughed, "Peachy? Really? That's the kind of thing that someone says when they're trying hard to say that they're fine but they're failing miserably."

That made Henry smile. Leave it to Alex to read in between the lines. I guess he has to when he's into law and politics, "I'm serious though, I'm perfectly fine. Now have you finally decided that the royal family traditions are stupid and I don't give a single shit about them?" 

"Oooh, we brought out some curse words from Henry!" Alex drawled. Henry laughed. It was an ongoing joke between the two of them that Henry didn't curse that often because of his upbringing, and it's true. He still felt uncomfortable when he cursed, but being around Alex's dirty mouth was doing something to unravel all of that. 

"Very funny. But seriously, I really don't want to do a royal wedding." 

"Yeah, I don't either. At all. At this point, I kept asking you just to annoy you and see how far you would let it go," Alex confessed. 

Henry sighed in relief, "I'm glad. With you continuously asking me if I wanted to do it, that made me think that you wanted to do it."

Alex wrinkled his nose, "Do you even know me?"

"I'm getting married to you, I hope I do," Henry joked.

Alex didn't pay any attention to what Henry had said, "I mean, look at what happened at the last royal wedding I went to. We both ended up covered in a 70,000 pound cake!" 

Henry laughed at the memory, "Yeah, that's true. I was quite frustrated with you then."

Alex smiled, "I pride myself on being frustrating."

"Of course you do," Henry rolled his eyes.

"Now, because I clearly have to be the one to bring us back on topic here, do you want the wedding to be in Texas, London, Brooklyn, or someplace else?" 

"I was thinking Texas. It is such a beautiful place, and we are moving there someday. Plus, it's where you and June grew up and it has such a deep meaning to you, a connection that I only have with one place - the V&A," Henry said.

Alex smiled wider than Henry thought possible, "Oh my god Henry, you're the best! I was secretly hoping that you'd say Texas, but I didn't want to pressure you or anything."

"Of course! Anything for you, love," Henry smiled because Alex's smile was so beautiful and it doesn't matter what's going on around them, if Alex is smiling, it would make Henry smile too. 

Alex gave him a quick peck on his cheek and then went to jot down that their wedding was going to be in Texas on his list. Then he pulled out another list with a bunch of names of venues in Texas.

"Alex, love, what's all this?" Henry asked while looking at the list.

"Venues," Alex stated simply, "Whenever I got bored I would just research some venues in Texas and other places that we might hold our wedding. Now that we decided Texas, though, this is the only list we need."

Henry just looked at him in awe, "Wow, Alex, this is amazing!" Henry now had no doubt in his mind that Alex wanted to marry him. No doubt at all. 

They decided on a place in Austin with a covered seating area for the ceremony, but it's still outdoors, so you could see and feel the nature and weather all around them, but it also kept themselves covered from the sun.

That venue also came with tables and chairs so they didn't have to worry about that as much, especially since it was going to be super small so they didn't have to worry about the seating arrangements as much. Henry was so excited for their big day. Each day that they planned the wedding, it got Henry even more excited. 

He couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life with this man. And he couldn't wait to see where it takes him. 

A/N: If there's any inaccurate information, please feel free to let me know! I'm trying to keep this as close to the canon as possible (note that I haven't gotten the opportunity to read the bonus chapter, so if it strays from that, there's a reason). Also, please let me know what you'd like to see more of! Thank you, love y'all <3