29. Telling the World - Pt 2 (Henry)

A/N: Aghhhh u guys keep leaving such nice comments and it makes me feel so guilty for not updating (that's not me telling u to stop btw - i love y'all) so here's another update :)

P.S. I have no idea how royal engagements are announced or how royal weddings are supposed to go or any of those details, so if any of y'all know feel free to let me know if i got it wrong.

They stayed up basically the whole night planning out the logistics. First, they obviously had to tell everyone like June, Bea, Nora, Ellen, Oscar, Zahra, Shaan... you get the point.

They got around 5 hours of sleep, but they were so excited that they didn't want to delay the process any longer. They'd already wasted months, it's obvious that they've gotten better at their secret keeping skills.

When Alex made his way downstairs (it was one of those days where Henry had gotten up before Alex) Henry was trying his hardest to make a breakfast, but he ended up burning the toast, and the eggs... well, let's just say they were a disaster. So what Henry decided to set out instead was a bowl of Alex's favorite cereal.

Alex just laughed at the sight, "You tried, baby, but you failed."

"Oh well, at least I did one thing right," Henry joked.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" Alex teased.

Henry grinned, "You."

Alex groaned, "You did not just say that."

"Yes I did, darling," Henry replied cheekily. Alex just laughed again and ate his cereal.

Once they were both done with their breakfast, they immediately started getting ready to go to DC to plan out how they're going to announce their engagement. Of course, they got stalled a little bit because someone (*cough* Alex *cough*) kept getting distracted with Henry while they were changing and kept stopping him and undressing him again while making out with him. Not that Henry was complaining.

They finally made their way to the airstrip to fly to DC. It felt nice, having this control and being able to plan when he released some big news. When he and Alex were outed, it was pretty much the worst day of his life. Now, this is going to be one of the best. Granted, telling the world the first time about you being gay is a lot more scary than telling the world about you getting engaged to someone who people already knew you were dating.

When they made it to DC they rushed to the White House and found Ellen. Thankfully, June, Nora, and Zahra were already there so they didn't have to go on any hunts. 

"Hey guys," Alex said. 

"Good afternoon, Alex, what brings you here on this lovely day?" Nora asked. 

"You know exactly what," Alex replied while Nora laughed. 

"Okay, Alex and Henry I'm going to get straight to the point. Since Henry is technically a prince, you would need to royally announce the engagement, and it's probably best you publicly announce when the wedding date will be. You don't have to tell them where it will be, but to keep the Crown happy you should probably do something back in England. It's your decision for what you will do," Ellen explained. 

"Yeah, okay. Have you talked to the prime minister yet? Or my grandma?" Henry asked. 

"I have, actually. They have set up public appearances for you two in England so you'll have to go there for a couple days," Zahra replied. 

Henry smiled, this was all coming together exactly how they wanted it. He was surprised that they had managed to get this done this fast, but with their amazing team, he could believe it. 

"Oh my god I'm so happy for you guys!" June exclaimed. 

Alex replied, "June that's great and all, but can you go back to your normal self? It's so weird for you to be this... excited, for me of all people too." 

June just rolled her eyes at this. Henry laughed, this was the kind of life he had ahead of him, and he wasn't scared of it one bit. 

The next few days passed by in a blur and then they were finally in England, ready to formally announce their engagement. Henry was so excited and nervous at the same time. Ever since they had first gotten together, all he wanted to do was shout from the rooftops that Alex was his. Now he could add one bit to the end. Alex was his forever

They got into the room, ironically enough it was the same room where they had to do their first interview together after the cake-tastrophe. Back when Alex still hated him. 

Finally, after what felt like forever, the interview started, "Good morning. Today we're here with Prince Henry and his boyfriend, Alex Claremont-Diaz, the first son of the US. Let's give them both a warm welcome back to England while they're here for a few days."

"Good morning!" Alex said cheerfully. 

"It's nice to be back," Henry said, "I got to see my sister again too." 

"That's great. Is it hard being away from her for such long periods of time when you always thought you were always going to be in the same place - and with her?" the reporter asked. 

"It is hard, but then again it would've been harder if I had stayed here in England and was away from Alex, even if it was just for a few days," Henry replied while taking Alex's hand and smiling at him, and Alex smiled back. 

"Aw, I want a relationship like yours. I think all of us do, actually," the reporter admired. 

"Speaking of our relationship," Alex started, "We kind of have something to announce."

"Oh yeah?" The reporter asked excitedly," What is it?"

"We're engaged!" Alex exclaimed and I'm not joking when I say that the reporter let out an actual shriek. 

"Oh my god, we've all been waiting for this day to come! It's finally here!" The reporter seemed genuinely excited, "We need to know all the details. Who proposed? When's the wedding? Are you guys doing a traditional royal wedding or something else?"

Alex laughed, "Woah, you are an enthusiastic one. I'm the one who proposed."

"And our wedding date is going to be August 11." Henry added, "The details about our wedding will be released later, as we still have to finalize everything." 

"Well, I don't know if I can speak for all of England, but I'm certainly excited!" the reporter exclaimed, "It was nice talking to you boys and congratulations again!" 

"Thank you," Alex and Henry said and then they were off the air.

Alex hugged Henry, "I love you."

"I love you too," Henry smiled and gave him a quick kiss. Now let's go spend some time with Bea and while we're here. 

"Yeah," Alex smiled. Henry didn't believe his life was anything but perfect when Alex was in it. After all, Alex was perfect and Henry was actually starting to believe that he deserved him.

A/N: sooo i didn't know what day to make the wedding, so i kinda just made it our favorite day :)