11. Suspicious (Henry)

Alex was not subtle. Not one bit. Henry had been noticing that something was off with him ever since they had gotten on the flight to England. The only problem is, Henry didn't know what was bothering Alex, and it was starting to scare Henry. What if Alex wanted to break up with him? No, he could never. Alex was the one who chased him when Henry retreated, every single time. But what if Alex was done with him and determined that Henry wasn't worth it? 

He was just in these thoughts when Alex interrupted him while they were walking to their room, "You look like you're about to cry, Hen. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just happy to see my sister, is all," Henry lied, and immediately felt bad about it. But he couldn't voice these concerns to Alex, because Henry knew that there was a good reason why Alex was acting weird all of a sudden, and if he hadn't spoken to him about it yet, then there had to be a reason. 

"Ok," Alex relented, giving him a look that showed that he wasn't believing it at all. It's kind of funny how they've fallen into this loop to lie to one another even though the other doesn't believe it, but they'll leave it alone because they know it's for a good reason. 

They walked into their bedroom and got unpacked in silence, both lost in their own thoughts. Henry was still trying to figure out why Alex was being so drawn-back when normally he's such an extrovert when Bea came in the room.

"Sorry Henry, I have to steal Alex for a minute," Bea said and took Alex with her.

Henry sat on the bed for a few minutes, trying to think what in the world Bea could possibly need with Alex alone and couldn't come up with anything. This whole ordeal was so frustrating, why didn't Henry know Alex well enough to know what's going on? 

He got up and started frustratingly pacing the room. Then he sat back down again. Then he got up and started roaming the room again. Then he realized something. They were in England. They were here to see his sister. Why was he in his room moping around when he could be reminiscing with his sister. They were only here for 2 days, after all. Pez said that he could handle it, but Henry had been on the receiving end of all the work and he knew how tough it is. Pez must not be getting much sleep, even though he claims to be alright. And Alex still has to go back to law school and get his law degree. 

He stepped out of the room and started walking towards Bea's room when he heard hushed voices through the door. He knew he shouldn't eavesdrop, but he was curious. He listened. It seemed like they were just ending their conversation though.

"Just please make sure that Henry doesn't suspect anything," Alex was saying, "And thank you so much for your help." 

"Yes, yes, of course. Now I want to spend some time with him so if you'll excuse me," Bea stated. It sounded like she was headed towards the door. Henry made a split of the second decision and decided to back up a few feet so it looked like he was on his way to Bea's room, not that he was already there and eavesdropping.

"Oi! Henry! I was just coming to see you!" Bea exclaimed and gave him a bear hug. Henry hugged her back and didn't let go until Bea told him that he's suffocating her.

"Someone missed me," Bea said looking pleased.

"Yes, someone did miss you. Alex is the one who wanted to come here, not me," Henry was joking around with Bea, of course he wanted to come see his sister.

"You wound me," Bea put a hand over her chest.

"Aww, of course I missed you," Henry said, hugging her again.

"I missed you too," Bea said back.

The three of them spent the rest of the day playing games and catching up before Bea said that she was tired and wanted to go to bed. Alex and Henry were tired from their long overnight flight and decided to go to sleep as well.