17. Memories (Henry)

A/N: AAAH!! THEY RELEASED THE CORNETTO SCENE!!!!!! WHY WASN'T IT IN THE MOVIE 😭also, for any PJO fans out there, they released a new teaser and the release date for the first 2 episodes of the show (december 20th 2023)! 

--

Henry and Alex were sitting in their living room, cuddled up together and just enjoying each other's presence after a long  day when Alex suddenly spoke up. 

"I can't believe I fooled myself into hating you for years," Alex said while holding Henry's hand and running his thumb over his engagement ring. Even though it had happened a little over a month ago, Henry still couldn't believe that they were actually engaged. It was a dream come true. 

"What I can't believe is that you actually liked it when I kissed you," Henry replied.

"What! You should believe it! You're the best kisser in the world. Anyone would turn gay/bi for you baby," Alex exclaimed. Henry laughed.

"Well, that's good to know," Henry joked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Alex pouted. Henry laughed again.

"Nothing, love," Henry assured him, even though he knew that Alex was joking. 

"Oh my god, remember when we were shoved into the supply closet?" Alex asked, "I feel like that was when we actually started developing."

Henry had to disagree with him, "No, I feel like it was when we fell into the cake."

"Why?" Alex wondered, "We hated each other so much in that moment. Even you didn't really like me in that moment."

"First off, I always like you, even if we have our disagreements. Second off, it's because of that cake incident that we were forced to spend time together, which led us trading our numbers, which led to us flirting with each other, and you know the rest," Henry said.

"Yeah, but I despised every minute of it until that incident of the hospital, when I saw you talking with that girl and I realized that you did, in fact, have a heart," Alex stated, and nuzzled his face into Henry's shoulder. This was Henry's favorite position, when they were just sitting on the couch and Alex had his head on Henry's shoulder and Henry's arm was wrapped around Alex. 

"Well, according to something I just recently learned, you had feelings for me before that without even knowing it!" Henry stated.

"Ah, yes, the famous J-14 magazine," Alex reminisced, "I think I have a picture of it on my phone, actually."

Henry just stared at Alex in disbelief as he pulled out a picture of it. He didn't get to see a picture of it when Alex had told him, because they were busy. He looked at it when Alex showed him. 

"Oh my god, I remember when I took that photo. I was having a really bad day, and that photo was one that I had thought was bad," Henry recalled. 

"Are you kidding me? Have you seen yourself? You're the most handsome and beautiful man in this magazine!" Alex exclaimed. Henry just blushed and smiled. He was used to Alex giving him praises and compliments, but that didn't mean that Henry didn't have the same reaction as he did the first time Alex had complimented him. 

"Remember the New Year's party? God, I don't think I have ever been more grateful to have been drunk after the party than that party," Henry said. 

Alex smirked, "You didn't get to be grateful until a few weeks after. Thanks for reminding me, by the way. You kissed me, I liked it, then you left and ghosted me and made me question my whole sexuality. Who does that?"

"Me, apparently," Henry replied. Alex just rolled his eyes. 

"Oh my god, remember karaoke?" Alex asked with an excited glint in his eyes. 

"Yes..." Henry dragged out, wondering where this was going. 

"I really wish I had recorded you," Alex said. 

"I can do it  again, just for you," Henry offered. 

Alex got a glint in his eye that Henry knew far too well, "Do I get everything that happened?"

Henry coughed and felt the tips of his ears turn pink, "Maybe..."

Alex got a devilish look in his eye and started to say something, but just then the doorbell rang. Jesus, who would that be, Henry wondered. 

Alex just sighed and got up to open the door. It was June and Nora standing there. 

"Hi, my dear brother," June greeted casually. 

"Hello June," Alex replied flatly. 

"Oh, did we interrupt something?" June asked. 

"You did, I was just trying to-" Alex got cut off by Henry.

"No, you didn't interrupt anything. What's up?" Henry asked, while walking over to the door.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to stop by for a visit while we were in town before going back to DC." 

"Seriously? That's what-" Alex got cut off again, but this time by Henry elbowing him in the gut. 

"Yes, come in," Henry said with a smile, and led them in and brought them to the kitchen to get them some drinks. 

"We just interrupted their sex time," Nora said in a not-so-quiet whisper while laughing. 

"No comment," Henry said. He always admired how Nora was so straight-forward. Nothing was too embarrassing for her to say. That's something Henry wanted to be able to do, but after being raised in a place like England, it wasn't exactly easy to do so. 

They enjoyed the rest of their afternoon, chatting with June and Nora. Alex even cooked something for the all of them, which is something that he doesn't normally get to do with all his studies. Henry was glad that June and Nora were able to stop by for a visit, especially since they haven't seen them since before the engagement, so they both asked to see Henry's ring and the story of how Alex proposed. They didn't mind sharing, not one bit.