9. Off To England (Henry)

"Henryyyy..."

"What?"

"I haven't seen Bea in forever!" Alex exclaimed, looking sad.

"Huh, you know what, you're right," Henry agreed.

"I want to see her again. I miss her. She's fun, and she is my partner in crime for trying to make you fun."

"Hey! I'm fun!" Henry argued.

"I needed to persuade you in a bathroom to get you to do karaoke for heaven's sake!" Alex stated. Not that he was wrong, of course. But Henry's just a bad singer, that's why he didn't want to do karaoke. He told Alex as much.

"Yeah, right! I've heard you sing, you're definitely better than me," Alex replied, shaking his head, "Anyways, back to the topic at hand. When am I going to get to see your sister again?"

"I don't know. We can go to England if you'd like? She hasn't said anything about wanting to come to America."

"Yeah! Let's do that."

"Alright. When do you want to go?" Henry asked, putting a tone of exasperation in his voice even though he really isn't. He loved that Alex loved his sister so much that he wanted to see her again. The only thing that made him happier than Alex loving him was Alex loving everyone else that Henry loved, and the fact that they all loved him back equally. 

"I don't know," Alex stopped to think, "We'd have to check with my mom to see if there's anything else that she needed, and then you would have to check with Pez if he needs you back at the shelters immediately. And then we'd obviously have to check with Bea to see if it's fine with her that we're coming to visit her."

"Okay then, it seems like we have a few phone calls to make," Henry said. 

Alex walked over to him and gave him a quick kiss before getting to work. He texted in the group chat between Henry, Alex, and Bea to see if Bea was okay with visiting and then picked up the phone and started dialing someone. Probably his mom or Zahra. Henry let himself watch Alex, because he was allowed to do that now, before he himself got to work.

Henry stepped out of the room so that there wouldn't be any interference between phone calls. Pez picked up on the first ring.

"God help me, Henry, what do you want? I'm drowning in work after you abandoned me to go with your precious boyfriend to the White House to help someone who has plenty of help and instead left me to do this all by myself," Pez exclaimed in one breath, "What kind of best friend does that?"

"The kind that is hopelessly in love and doesn't want to get on the bad side of his boyfriend's mom, also known as the President of the US," Henry shot back.

"I hate you. What do you want?"

"How soon do you need me back?" 

"Why?" Pez dragged out the question, getting suspicious already.

"Umm... can you answer the question?" Henry asked.

"I mean, I don't really need you back here in terms of work. But I miss my best friend," Pez pouts.

"Wait, what was all that complaining about just now then, if you are perfectly capable of handling it on your own?" 

"Like I said, I miss my best friend."

"And I miss my sister. I was going to go with Alex to England to visit Bea," Henry said slowly, because he was scared of what Pez's reaction was going to be.

"Ok, fine. But I reserve the right to bother you endlessly while you're in England because you're there without me," Pez stated. Henry knows that Pez's definition of "bothering" Henry is to call or text him at night every 5 minutes. Oh well, Henry thought, I'll take what I can get.

"Yes, yes, whatever. You're fine with it then?"

"Yeah, sure," Pez says miserably, "Just know that you're leaving your Auntie Pezza here with no love for at least another week."

Henry smiled. Pez was the biggest drama queen, after all. "I'll be back as soon as possible. I promise."

"Yeah, whatever you say. That's what you said when you left me for the White House. Now look where you are."

Henry rolled his eyes, "Okay, bye Pez." He hung up the call and looked down at his phone to see that Bea had messaged them back that it would be awesome if they could visit and that Philip and Martha had just gone on a vacation to Australia so they wouldn't be bothered by them. 

He walked back into the room and saw that Alex was just getting off the phone with a smile on his face, "Thank you thank you thank you! Okay, I got to go, Henry just came back." There was a pause, "I love you too, Ma!"

"I take it she's okay with you going to England for a few days then?" Henry asked with a smile on his face. 

"Yeah! And I saw Bea's text that Philip and Martha won't be there, so that's also awesome."

"Yeah. Pez also said that he'll be able to hold down the fort long enough for us to go to England. He's upset that we're not coming straight back as promised though."

"I can imagine," Alex chuckled, "I should be a nice and unselfish person and let you hang out with Pez, but I just can't. I'm too selfish. I want you all to myself."

"I'm all yours," Henry said as he pulled Alex into a kiss, "And you're all mine." Henry pressed a kiss to his temple and hugged him.

"Aww, baby, look who's getting sappy," Alex teased.

"Only for you, love," Henry smiled.

"Now you're making me feel so unromantic," Alex pouted.

"That's because you are," Henry joked.

Alex pulled away from the embrace, "Take that back."

"No."

"Take that back!" Alex said a little more forcefully.

"No!"

Alex pushed him onto the couch and climbed on top of him, "Take that back!"

"You know this isn't romantic, this is sexy," Henry said trying to hold back a laugh.

"Oh my god you're impossible!" Alex exclaimed, "I'm leaving."

Alex started lifting himself up and trying to get up from the couch. Henry pulled him back down.

"I'm sorry!" Henry said in between laughs, "I take it back, you are romantic."

"Thank you." 

"Wait," Henry just realized something. He sat up, making Alex shift his position so that he's sitting up as well, "What about your law exam thingy?"

"Oh. Didn't I tell you? The test got cancelled a couple days back."

"I don't remember. But, that's good news!"

"Yeah," Alex sighed.

"What?" Henry got concerned with Alex's lack of enthusiasm.

"Nothing. I just studied a lot. At least I get a break now," Alex said. 

"Okay, well, have you decided when you want to leave for England?" Henry asked.

"We should probably leave for England the same day that we were planning on going back, just in case there's anything we need to wrap up here," Alex said.

"Yeah, sounds good."

And that's how 3 days later they were on a flight to England instead of back to Brooklyn.