16. I Am Kenough (Alex)

A/N: I just rlly felt like writing a fanfic where they go see the Barbie movie so... yeah :)

Alex was sitting at his desk at 3 am in the morning, and he was working. He had been working since 8 pm the previous night and he just didn't feel like he had the time to go to sleep and then go back to work. So he just decided that he was going to work through the night. 

At around 3:30, Henry walked into his study, rubbing his eyes.

"Alex," he croaked, "You should sleep."

"I will, but I need to finish this," Alex replied absentmindedly. 

"Yeah, you said that before I went to sleep. now, here I am, 4 hours later and you're still here working! I'm pretty sure you've finished 10 of those 'I just need to finish this' and then decided that you wanted to move onto the next one," Henry exclaimed.

Alex sighed, "But can I please just finish this one last thing. I promise, it's the last one!"

"No," Henry said stubbornly, "You are going to bed and you are sleeping. And you are sleeping in late. I don't care what work you have to do, tomorrow you're taking the day off because you're putting your studies before your health and we need to fix that."

Alex gave in. Henry had a good point. Alex hasn't been working out, eating, or sleeping much recently. He was exhausted. "Okay, okay, fine." He shut his laptop and followed Henry out of the room and to their bed. He got in the blanket and found his way into Henry's arms and then fell asleep almost immediately. 

He woke up to Henry shuffling and lifting himself off the bed. Alex started trying to sit up too, but Henry just put a hand on his shoulder, "I'll be right back love, just keep sleeping." Alex couldn't argue, he hadn't slept much in days so he could use all the sleep that he could get. He fell back asleep instantly. 

When he woke up again, it was almost noon and Henry was sitting on the bed and reading a book. 

"Good morning, love," Henry said cheerily. 

"G'morning baby," Alex replied. 

"I made breakfast, do you want me to warm it up for you?" Henry asked. 

"As long as it's not one of your flavorless English breakfasts," Alex joked. He secretly loved Henry's breakfasts, as long as Henry was the one that made them. Granted, Henry wasn't the best cook, but Alex still loved his food. 

"You'll just have to hope it isn't," Henry said and went downstairs to get the breakfast. Alex was just thinking about how lucky he is to have a Henry when he came back with one of Alex's favorite Mexican breakfasts. 

"You didn't," Alex couldn't believe it. 

"I did," Henry grinned. Alex's heart soared and he was even more glad to have a Henry in his life. 

Alex immediately dug in and groaned because it tasted so good, "Dios mio, since when have you been such a good cook?"

"Hey!"

"Seriously, this is so good!" Alex exclaimed. 

"Well I've been trying to make it for weeks, and now I've finally mastered it so," Henry said, "I'm glad you like it."

"Are you kidding? I love it!" Alex gave Henry a quick peck on his lips before going back to his food. Once Alex finished, he got up and put his plate away. Then Henry told him to shower and get changed because he had planned something, so Alex just obliged. He had the day off because Henry wanted him to take off, so he might as well do what Henry wants. 

Once he was all changed and ready to go, Henry took them out to the car. Today, Amy was driving because Cash needed the day off because he had gotten sick with something. 

"Hola, Amy," Alex greeted. 

"Hi Alex. Hi Henry. Ready to go?" She asked. 

"Yep!" Henry replied. 

"Go where?" Alex wondered. 

"You'll see," Henry smiled slyly. Whatever it was, it was with Henry, so unless they were meeting Phillip, Alex would love it. 

The drive was pretty quiet, but Alex didn't mind. He was too busy trying to figure out where exactly Henry was taking them when they pulled into a movie theater. 

"A movie theater? Really?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, there was a movie playing that seemed like fun and everyone's been talking about it so we might as well figure out what they've been talking about," Henry said. 

"What is it?" 

"The new Barbie movie."

"Oh my god, really? Nora and June have been begging me to watch it!"

"I know. They've been begging me to watch it too," Henry informed him. 

"Okay, well, let's go then," Alex said, "Lead the way."

They got their tickets, popcorn, and drinks and found their way to their seats in the theater. Thank god the theater was so dark so no one could recognize them. Also, Henry had chosen the screening that was the least crowded so that they could hopefully go unnoticed. 

The movie was so funny, but Alex didn't like the way that they pictured men as these dumb people, but he assumes that this is how women felt when they weren't allowed to vote or go to school. He knew that there had to be equal rights between both genders because there are some things that men are better at than women, and some things women are better at than men. Plus, stereotyping a whole gender wasn't exactly the best idea. 

They obviously had to stop for a few pictures and conversations, but they knew that was going to happen because there was no way that no one was going to recognize them. But after that, they were on their way home. Henry was humming the "I'm Just Ken" song for a little while before stopping. Alex didn't want Henry to stop, he really liked his voice - especially his singing voice. It was beautiful. 

They spent the rest of the day cuddled up on the couch talking and reading and just spending time with each other because not only had Alex been depriving himself of his basic needs, but he'd also been depriving himself of time with Henry, and he really regretted that because this is the man that he had proposed to, the man he was going to marry. He couldn't just not spend time with him.

Henry was the best thing that had happened to Alex. He wasn't going to let that go because of his studies, he was determined enough about that.