4. Breakfast (Alex)

He woke up to his mom knocking on his door and peeking her head in. Sunlight was streaming through the windows.

"Good morning, hun. Do you want to go out for breakfast? I want to spend some quality time with my son while he's still here," she asked.

Alex opened his eyes groggily, "Okay, sure. Let me get up and get dressed."

Alex tried to stand up but an arm pulled him back down onto the bed and onto Henry's chest.

 "Stay in bed please" Henry groaned, probably from waking up so early after sleeping so late.

"I have to go with my mom to breakfast," Alex replied softly.

"But the bed gets so cold and empty without you..." Henry said.

"Then get up and do something," Alex chuckled.

"But I want to sleep," Henry mumbled.

"How'd you sleep before we were dating?" Alex asked.

"I didn't." Henry replied simply. Alex's heart bloomed in his chest.

"Henry, how about you join us for breakfast?" Ellen asked affectionately. 

"Ah!" Henry yelped and sat up in bed, "How long have you been here?"

"The whole time dear," Ellen replied, trying to suppress a laugh.

"Baby, please come," Alex pleaded.

"Yes, yes, of course. I can't deny it, after all. I've never been good at saying no to you, Alex." Henry said, waving his hand and getting up from bed.

Alex got up too. "Ma, we'll see you downstairs."

"Alright," Ellen said.

Ellen left the room and Alex walked over to Henry and kissed him. "I love you so so much, mi amor." 

"I love you too, darling" Henry replied with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Thanks for last night. You're amazing," Alex said.

Henry smiled at him, "I just couldn't stand to see you crying."

Alex kissed him again, this time slow and deep. He loved Henry so much, so much more than words can describe. He can't believe that he got so lucky to be able to date someone so caring and loving as Henry, and it's hard to believe that he had previously hated him. Because how could you hate this beautiful softie?

Alex walked into the bathroom with Henry on his tail. They got showered and dressed and were about to head downstairs when Henry stopped him. 

"Wait. You need to show me the message," Henry said, with a serious look on his face.

Alex really didn't want to show him the message. He didn't want Henry to worry and he didn't see the point in showing Henry the message, but he knew that he wouldn't let it go so he relented. 

He saw Henry's eyes flash red as his eyes scanned the message, "How can they even say stuff like this?!" He exclaimed angrily. 

"I don't know, baby," Alex replied, sorrowful.

Henry hugged him and kissed his forehead. Alex buried his face in Henry's shoulder and Henry put his face in Alex's curls. 

"Alright, love, your mum is waiting for us, so we should probably head down now," Henry said into the silence after a few moments. 

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go," Alex replied.

Henry lead the way, as Alex followed and stared lovingly at Henry. He honestly couldn't imagine a world without Henry in it, and he couldn't imagine what he would do without Henry. He is always taking care of Alex. He makes Alex go to sleep when he stays up too late studying, made sure that Alex didn't starve himself, and always showed love to him in the most amazing and special ways. Alex suddenly felt guilty because he felt like he might've been neglecting Henry for his studies. He really hoped that Henry didn't feel that way and resolved to pay more attention to Henry now. He hasn't ignored Henry, of course, but he'd had to cancel more than one date with him so that he could study, and he hadn't really done anything special for Henry.

"All right boys, ready to go?" Ellen asked. 

"Yep!" Henry replied enthusiastically. 

And there they went, off to breakfast.