12. The Proposal (Alex)

A/N: SOOO.... I got up at around 6 AM in the morning just so that I could watch the RWRB movie because otherwise I knew I wouldn't be able to watch it without having to pause it and there was no way that I was going to watch RWRB while pausing it a million times. It was rlly good!!! There were some moments where I was like "Oh! umm..." but there were barely any of those. Otherwise it is the most adorable movie on the planet!  Please let me know what y'all think, I want to hear your opinions as well :) 

Now, back to news on the fanfic: I hope you guys don't mind, but this is going to be a rlly long chapter. It was already nearing 780 words when I wrote a quarter into the story. Hope you guys enjoy this, even though I made you wait 2 chapters. (Ik, I'm such a tease hehe 😈).

------------------------------------------------------------------

~ starting from Alex and Bea's whispered convo from the last chapter ~

"What's up?" Alex asked in a hushed tone.

"Mum's back," Bea whispered.

"Oh great, thank god. I don't know how much longer I can wait," Alex replied, still keeping his voice low.

"Go! You'll be fine!" Bea whisper-shouted.

Alex nodded and walked over to Henry to tell him that he had to go somewhere but he'd be back. He hoped that Henry wouldn't suspect anything but if Alex were in Henry's shoes he'd be suspicious too. He hoped that Bea would be able to handle it.

He ran to the front, hoping to intercept Henry's mom. He knew he sounded like someone out of a rom-com but he really wanted to ask her and Henry's dad for permission to propose to Henry, even though Henry's dad is dead. He managed to catch her as she was heading up the stairs.

"Wait!" He called, hoping that she heard her.

She turned around, looking confused, "What happened?"

"I need to talk to you about something," Alex said.

"Oh no! Are Henry and Bea alright?" Catherine looked worried.

"No, no, nothing like that. No need to worry," Alex reassured her, "It's actually a good thing that I wanted to ask you."

She came back down the stairs so that she was standing in front of Alex, "What is it, dear?"

"Oh, umm..." Alex fumbled for words. He actually hadn't thought through how he was going to ask for her blessing. The only thing he'd been working on was his speech to Henry. He decided to just go for it, "I want to ask your blessing to marry Henry."

She looked shocked for a minute so he just rambled on, "I wanted to ask Henry's dad because he always seemed to look up to him, but.. y'know... kinda hard to do that when he's 6 feet in the ground. I figured it would be better to ask you and I honestly don't know what to do because this is my first time proposing. Oh my god that came out really bad, of course this is my first time proposing, and it would obviously be the last time too because there's no way that Henry and I..." he trailed off when he saw Catherine laughing at him.

She caught her breath and said, "Oh my god! Of course you have my blessing! This -" she got cut off by another round of laughter, "Did you think I was going to say no? I see how happy you make him, and how happy he makes you, how could I say anything other than 1000% yes?"

"Oh, um... thank you! Sorry," Alex said sheepishly.

"No, no! It was quite funny actually. But if you really wanted to get his blessing, which I know would mean a lot to Henry, then you could just visit his grave," Catherine said.