23. Wedding Planning Pt. 3 (Henry)

A/N: sooo... i just realized that all the wedding planning chapters have been in Henry's pov. I'm going to ask you guys a question now: Do you want me to continue making the wp chapters in Henry's pov and make the wedding in Alex's pov or do u want me to make the rest of the wp chapters in Alex's pov and then make the wedding in henry's pov? Or do you want me to keep going as I have been and make these wp chapters in henry's pov and make the wedding in henry's pov?

Henry woke up to the smell of Alex's cooking. Oh how Henry loved his cooking, who doesn't? He started making his way downstairs when the most beautiful sight struck him.

He saw Alex swaying and humming to some spanish song while wearing an apron and flipping something on the frying pan. Henry didn't even know how they made it to this stage in their relationship. He used to not believe that this would ever happen for him. It seemed like just yesterday that they had to sneak around to see each other, and now they live together and can love each other in public.

He made it to Alex and wrapped his arms around his waist, "Morning, love."

Alex smiled, "Good morning, darling. Breakfast is almost ready."

"Thank god, the smell of your cooking always makes me hungry," Henry said, "What's all this?" he gestured to the papers strewn out across the counter and Alex's laptop open.

Alex looked at the clutter and sighed, "The papers are my schoolwork, and my computer is open to a million tabs trying to find a good photographer for our wedding."

"Wow, you've been busy this morning," Henry acknowledged. He had no idea what inspired this sudden burst of work.

"Yeah, well, this morning I woke up super early and couldn't go back to sleep and I wanted to feel productive, so yeah," Alex sighed again.

Henry rubbed circles on his back, "Well, how can I help?"

Alex pointed towards the dining table with his spatula, "First I want you to sit down at the dining table and finish this breakfast that I'm about to serve you. And I want you to love it."

Henry laughed, "I always love your cooking."

"Great, then this should be easy," Alex smiled. God that smile is Henry's kryptonite. He loved that smile and he would be able to live the rest of his life with that smile.

Henry made his way over to the table and sat down while Alex scooped some flapjacks, eggs, and sausages onto their plates before sitting down.

"So, how much work have you actually gotten done this morning?" Henry asked, knowing that whenever Alex had a bunch of tasks piled in front of him, he tended to just stare at them nowadays. Or cook. Which is exactly what he did today. Henry thinks that it's a result of overworking himself, and that he needs to take a break. But whenever he tries to talk about it to Alex, he just brushes it off and says he's fine.

"I made this masterpiece, I think that counts," Alex gestured to their plates.

"Yes, it does. Aren't I so grateful for it," Henry said while holding back a laugh.

Alex gave him a look, "You should be."

"And why's that? What if I say that your cooking is good just to be nice but it's actually horrid?" Henry asked.

Alex scoffed, "I would say that the only reason that you think that is you and you British people have no taste for spice."

"I think I handle spice pretty well," Henry defended.

"Okay, sure," Alex rolled his eyes and Henry laughed. They finished their breakfast while bantering a bit more.

Once they put all their dishes away, they started going over to what Alex was trying to do before Henry woke up.

"So, these photographers look pretty good," Alex started showing Henry all the photographers he was looking through earlier. Henry agreed with him.

"This is the one that Liam and Spencer had at their wedding," Alex showed him. Henry loved the photos that they took, and he already knew the quality of the photos from that company, so he was leaning towards that one.

"I liked their photos so much!" Henry said.

"I know right? Me too," Alex exclaimed.

They spent the rest of the morning calling the company and booking them for their wedding day. They also managed to negotiate into getting lower prices. Just because they were funded by two governments doesn't mean that they didn't want to save money.

Henry was so ready to skip all this planning and marry the love of his life already, but he knew he'd regret it if he didn't have an actual wedding with Alex.