𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋: 𝖠 𝖲𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝖮𝖿 𝖴𝗇𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗎𝗇𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗌

𝖩𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗎𝗋𝗒 𝟥𝟣𝗌𝗍 𝟣𝟫𝟨𝟩

𝖩𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗎𝗋𝗒 𝟥𝟣𝗌𝗍 𝟣𝟫𝟨𝟩

EM CROUCHED DOWN and picked up the letter signed to herself, for once.

She went back to the living room, where Jules was sitting playing with his toys.

She sat down and opened the envelope.

Hey hun, i assume everything is going well. I can't be arsed hearing your voice so instead of calling you i'm writing to you. I've fallen ill, breast cancer, it's too late to do anything.

I just wanted to say a few things. I'm sorry, i'm sorry for not trying, i should've because your a good kid. I hope you know i'm proud of you, just because i'm not there doesn't mean i don't care, i do care a lot.

I should've known better, i put you through hell and i'm sorry, i understand if you can't forgive me but i'm sorry, truly.

From your Mom, Anya.

25/01/67

Her heart stopped, she looked up and stared forward, her breath got caught in her throat.

She could feel her eyes begin to water, she didn't know why her mother treated her like shit.

But even after everything she did, Em still had a tiny bit of hope her mother would come back and be there.

That never seemed to happen, and now her mother could be gone within the next week or maybe she already was.

She felt completely numb, she folded the letter up and placed it back into the envelope.

She stared down, it felt odd hearing from her mother after a few years.

She didn't even know if she was still staying in Hamburg, maybe she was in London, Em doubted that though.

Emmy had never felt the way she felt before, her stomach churned and she had that feeling.

Quickly, she stood up and ran to the downstairs bathroom.

She crouched down in front of the toilet and emptied her stomach, after she wiped the corner of her mouth and closed her eyes.

She leaned against the cabinet, a tear finally rolled down her cheek.

She so badly wanted to hate her mother for what she did, but she just couldn't at that point.