Chapter 77

~two weeks later~

Kassidy and Alice have just finished decorating the FBI office and all of Betty's friends are there.

"You know I don't like surprises, right?" Betty says.

"Well, that really sucks. Because..." Archie says before moving his hand.

"Surprise!" Everyone shouts.

"Oh, my God, you guys." Betty says.

"Here's to Quantico's latest and greatest field officer, Agent Betty Cooper. Congratulations, sweetheart." Alice says.

"Thank you." Betty says and they hug.

"Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech! Speech!" Everyone chants.

"Oh, wow! Okay, I was not expecting... this. But it means more to me than I could ever express. So thank you. It's been a rough year. But... I love you all. Now Kassie is my boss officially " Betty says and everyone laughs.

"Elizabeth, you've given us a lifetime of reasons to be proud of you. This one takes the cake." Alice says.

"And speaking of cake..." Kevin says before revealing the special FBI cake they had made. Betty laughs and everyone except Kassidy gets a drink.

"Kassie, you said when I graduate you'd tell everyone your news" Betty says and Kassidy groans.

"Everyone. Please give us you attention Kassie has something she'd like to tell you. Totally not because we made a deal" Betty says as everyone turns toward the two.

"I am pregnant" Kassidy says and everyone congratulates her.

"Who's the dad?" Fangs asks.

"Your best friend" Kassidy says with a smile and everyone laughs.

~the next morning~

Everyone is gathered in Pop's that is severely damaged. Pop's caught on fire last night.

"I'm so sorry, Tabitha. We should have gotten here faster." Archie says.

"Archie, come on. You did everything you could. You and your fireman are the only reason this place is even standing at all." Tabitha says.

"It's true. I've never seen tires changed so fast." Kevin says.

"How do I call my grandpa in Florida? And what do I tell him? That our family business went up in flames?" Tabitha asks.

"Delores said that it was a Ghoulie who threw the Molotov cocktail." Sheriff Keller says.

"A Ghoulie? To what end? What's his motive?" Jughead asks.

"Wasn't his motive. I can pretty much guarantee that Ghoulie was acting on someone else's behalf. Give you three guesses who." Veronica says.

"Your dad?" Betty and Kassidy ask.

"I can't believe I ever worked for that sorry SOB."Reggie says.

"If the scumbag who torches places a Ghoulie, Fangs and I'll take care of it. We'll get confirmation." Toni says.

"Yeah, do that, Toni. But I don't need confirmation. I don't think any of us do. I mean, who else would set fire to Pop's and slashed our trucks' tires before we get to it?" Archie asks.