Chapter 71

~a week later~

Kassidy just finished her remote learning class. Since Hiram's prisoners trashed Riverdale High they can't go back to teaching in person. Kassidy has recently been helping Sheriff Keller put away some convicts that are causing trouble or are still free. Later tonight Kassidy is supposed to meet with Betty for the truckers meeting with woman on Nedslist.

"Kassie are you home?" Sweet Pea asks as Kassidy looks through her school papers.

"Storage closet!" Kassidy shouts from the room and Sweet Pea walks into the closet.

"What are you doing?" Sweet Pea asks.

"I'm looking for my lesson plan I can't find it in my planning binder" Kassidy says.

"Need help looking for it?" Sweet Pea asks.

"No. Wait you're not supposed to be here during the day. This is supposed to be on the low" Kassidy says.

"I know but I just wanted to check on you after what happened last week" Sweet Pea says and Kassidy turns around.

"Like the past 6 days yes. Sweet Pea I'm perfectly fine and healthy. No more bruises just a few cuts" Kassidy says.

"Okay if you say so. I'll put the key under the mat" Sweet Pea says.

"Okay I'll see you tonight" Kassidy says.

"Your going with Betty. So tomorrow night" Sweet Pea reminds her and she groans.

"Sorry I forgot" Kassidy says.

"It's okay. Take a break" Sweet Pea says before leaving and Kassidy's phone rings.

Incoming call: Grey
"Grey?" Kassidy questions.

"Boss we found a sex trafficker 30 minutes out with 2 victims" Grey says.

"Start your load up, 3 only! Stop by the Pembrooke." Kassidy says.

"Got it" Grey says before hanging up and Kassidy changes. About 8 minutes after changing Kassidy gets picked up and they start heading to their destination.

"Kassie which way?" Brown asks as they walk up to the small cabin

"Shepherd, Brown. Your in the back Peterson your on the perimeter Grey your with me in the front. Any trouble at all use your walkie talkie don't use the gun unless you need to. Your first response is a taser. Go." Kassidy says and they all separate.

"Stone, movement inside" Peterson says quietly on the walkie talkie.

"Alright everyone me and Grey are moving in stand by." Kassidy says into the walkie talkie and she looks back at Grey. She nods and the Grey kicks in the door and they both walk inside with their tasers up.

"FBI! Hands up and lay down on the ground!" Agent Grey yells to the three older men.

"We haven't done anything wrong" The one in the middle says.