Chapter 19

~a few days later~

The core four are on small couples only vacation, it's the weekend and Kassidy is at home working on some drawings. In the middle of her Sweetwater River drawing Toni calls her so she answers.

Incoming call: Tee
"Hey babes what's up?" Kassidy asks while drawing the rocks along the river.

"I just ran into Cheryl, she told Jughead that Archie and Betty kissed." Toni says and Kassidy stops her pencil.

"They what?" Kassidy asks.

"Around Christmas time they kissed in front of Cheryl's house. I'm pretty sure it was when Jughead and Betty were broken up." Toni says.

"That's besides the point. Even if both couples were broken up they all still had their feelings. They might not care and I sound ridiculous but I don't care." Kassidy rants.

"Kassie, take a breather. I'm pretty sure everything is okay now so do not worry about anything." Toni says, Kassidy takes a deep breath.

"Alright I'm going to meet Kevin at Pop's before work. I'll talk to you later" Kassidy says.

"Alright talk to you later." Toni says before hanging up. Kassidy gets up and grabs her keys before heading to Pop's.

"Hey Kev" Kassidy says tying her apron around her waist.

"Hi Kass, so I have an important question" Kevin says as Kassidy wipes down the counter.

"I'm listening" Kassidy says with a small smile.

"So we are doing Carrie the musical in a week or two and I was wondering if you'd like to direct with me and Fangs?" Kevin asks, Kassidys smile grows bigger. She walks around the counter and hugs him tightly.

"I would love to! Thank you so much for thinking of me!" Kassidy says and Kevin laughs.

"Of course Kassidy" Kevin says.

"You want some food?" Kassidy asks going back around the counter.

"No thank you, I'm okay. I just wanted to ask you that." Kevin says, Kassidy smiles.

"Okay I'll see you on Monday Kev" Kassidy said before he leaves Kassidy finishes her shift and goes home. While watching 13 Reasons Why someone knocks on the door. Kassidy pauses the show and opens the front door.

"Hi Sweet Pea" Kassidy says, he smiles and wraps his arms around her before picking her up.

"Woah" Kassidy laughs.

"I get to stay." Sweet Pea says excitedly.

"You get to stay where?" Kassidy asks.

"The trailer park, I get to stay!" Sweet Pea says setting her down.

"That's amazing!" Kassidy says with a smile, Sweet Pea leans down and kisses her.

"So what are we doing?" Sweet Pea asks taking his shoes off.

"I was watching a show...but it might bring your mood down. I'll change it though" Kassidy says grabbing the remote and turning on Grey's Anatomy.