Chapter 16

~a week later~

It's been a week since Southside High students emerged into Riverdale High. Pickens Day was coming up in almost a week. Kassidy was happy with everyone and back into her happy head space. Right now Kassidy is getting ready for school.

Kassidy made her tea and headed to school shortly after getting ready

Kassidy made her tea and headed to school shortly after getting ready. When walking in the hallway an arm gets out around her Kassidy looks over to see Fangs.

"Why hello there Fogarty" Kassidy says with a smile.

"Hey Kassie, how you doin?" Fangs asks.

"I'm amazing Fangs, absolutely amazing" Kassidy says with a bright smile.

"That's amazing" Fangs says.

"It is. Can you give me a piggy back ride?" Kassidy asks, Fangs rolls his eyes in a playful way.

"I guess" he says dramatically, she laughs and jumps on his back.

"Where's Sweet Pea?" Kassidy asks.

"Basketball" Fangs says, Kassidys eyes widen.

"Sweet Pea does basketball?" Kassidy questions.

"Yes, he does" Fangs says carrying her into a classroom.

"Yay class..." Kassidy mumbles as she sits in her seat behind Fangs. Cheryl begins her presentation and near the end Mrs. Haggly speaks up.

"Mr. Jones, eyes up front." She says to Jughead and he stops typing.

"Thank you Mrs. Haggly." Cheryl says letting out a annoyed sigh.

"As I was saying, each year we honor the memory of General Pickens, yet few know the truth." Cheryl says clicking her remote to move to the next slide.

"That it was my great-great-great-grandpappy Colonel Barnabas B. Blossom who bankrolled General Pickens' settlement of, and Eden along the river of Sweetwater, where maple trees grow taller than the steeples of Europe's grandest cathedrals." Cheryl says moving to different slides while talking.

"Which is why every year I petition the mayor's office to rename Pickens Day." Cheryl says as the bell rings and everyone packs their things up.

"Thank you for that, Cheryl. Mr. Jones, we look forward to your oral history report next week." Mrs. Haggly says.

"Fangs, carry me" Kassidy says he laughs and she jumps on his back. They walk through the hallway to the student lounge. They see Toni and Sweet Pea sitting in some seats and Fangs sets Kassidy down on the couch next to Sweet Pea.

"Hi" Sweet Pea says kissing her cheek.

"Basketball?" Kassidy asks.

"Yes, I play basketball" he says, Kassidy smiles.