Chapter 48

~a week later~

Jughead had asked Kassidy to help him with an investigation so right now she's at Stonewall Prep with him.

"What you two working on?" Donna asks when she appears next to Jughead.

"Same thing as when you drugged me, Donna. Except this time we actually found something." Jughead says.

"I know the Stonewall Four is supposed to be an urban legend, but when I checked the town paper, four people had actually gone missing over the last 30 years. I also have it memorized." Kassidy explains and Donna's facial expression turns into a shocked one but hidden.

"That's exactly what happened to Moose." Jughead says.

"Marmaduke is fine. He's just busy in basic training. Look...We've been texting." Donna says giving Jughead her phone.

"Well, my free period is almost over. I'll keep working and I'll see you later Jughead" Kassidy says while collecting her work.

"Okay bye" Jughead says while giving her a hug.

"Bye Kassidy" Donna says.

"Bye" Kassidy says before leaving and going back to school.

"Ms. Stone, where were you?" Mr. Honey asks.

"I was at the Riverdale Library spending my free period if that's okay" Kassidy says.

"That's alright. Make sure your back a little earlier next time." Mr. Honey says.

"Yes my apologies" Kassidy says before going to class. After school Kassidy heads to the FBI office because Charles asked her to help with the junior FBI class. He asked for her help since he used all the cases Kassidy and himself had memorized to see if her memory would be accurate. After Kassidy finishes setting up the exercise everyone started coming in. Mostly boys but then Kevin and Betty arrived.

"Hey Kev" Kassidy says giving him a hug.

"Hi Kass" Kevin says before sitting down with Betty and Charles walks out one of the offices.

"Now, I've put together a little exercise to kick us off. This is a crime scene where six victims were found buried along a riverbank in the Pacific Northwest." Charles says before looking at Kassidy and she clicks to the next slide.

"Now, before I start filling in all the details, any guesses on which one of these men is the murderer?" Charles asks.

"It's the third man." Betty says Charles looks at Kassidy.

"That's correct, Betty. How did you know that?" Kassidy asks.

"I don't know. Just intuition." Betty says.

Okay, then. Let's try another one. Which one's the serial killer? The term "serial killer" is relatively new. It wasn't until the 1970s that the phrase "serial murderer" or "serial homicide..." Charles explains.

"It's the one in the middle." Betty interrupts, Charles looks at Kassidy and she nods.

"Correct again. Your intuition is like a sixth sense. Let's go again. When defining a serial killer, it usually refers to someone who committed three or..." Charles says.