Chapter 28

~The next day~

Kassidy woke up in an empty bed when she checked the time it was 9 meaning she's late. She quickly gets up and gets ready and making her tea. She drives to school quickly on her motorcycle when Betty texts her to go to the Blue and Gold. Kassidy does so and see's Reggie, Josie, and Kevin in the room with Betty.

"Hold up

"Hold up. You're telling me that my mother was a rule-breaking, anti-apartheid activist in high school?" Josie asks.

"And she and my dad were together back then?" Kevin asks and Betty nods.

"You told them?" Kassidy asks and everyone looks at Kassidy.

"You knew?" Josie asks.

"I don't buy it. There's no way my old man hung out and did like cosplay with a group of lame-ass nerds." Reggie says.

"My mother was most definitely not a lame-ass nerd." Kassidy says smacking Reggie in the back of the head gently.

"You mom was a total milf." Reggie says, Kassidy fake gags.

"It's true Reggie." Betty says.

"And you want us to find out what exactly?" Josie asks.

"Mine and Kassidy's suspicion is that whoever was running the game back then is running it now." Betty says and Kassidy agrees.

"Which is why we need to stop them before things get any worse-" Kassidy starts before Kevin interrupts.

"Wait what are you trying to say?" Kevin asks.

"That one of our parents might be responsible for what happened to Ben and Dilton?" Josie asks.

"Maybe and that's why you can't tell them that you know about their Midnight Club, okay? You have to be careful and subtle when you ask them what they know." Betty says.

"Midnight Club sounds dirty" Reggie says, Kassidy laughs.

"That's what I said!" Kassidy says and they high five before pouring at each others heads. The group splits up and finishes their classes. Kassidy heads to therapy.

"So Kassidy, we haven't talked about how you cope with things. The news of your mothers cancer, her passing, your fathers disappearance, when you got shot, your drowning, the Black Hood, what happened to Jughead, your breakup." Allison says.

"So when I need to clear my head I go to the river and I sit there and listen to the water. Or I write in my journals I have like 15 used ones and 5 new ones and 1 I'm using now. But with my fathers disappearance, the shooting, what happened to Jughead, and the Black Hood. I did...nothing. When my mom told me she got worse I went to Sweetwater and I slipped and fell in. Jughead saved me. The news of her cancer I was upset but I helped her through it. Then the breakup...I went with self harm." Kassidy explains.