Chapter 6

~Two weeks later~

Kassidy has kept her head down supporting her friends and mother. Elenor hasn't given Kassidy any update on her illness. Kassidy has been going to Tall Boy's trailer every weekend. Right now Kassidy has just finished getting ready for school.

"Mom, I'm heading to school" Kassidy says grabbing her keys and putting her shoes on by there front door

"Okay Kassidy, be safe" Elenor says from her bedroom before coughing. Kassidy runs into the bedroom giving Elenor a cup of water.

"Mom, just please give me an update" Kassidy begs.

"Kass, there is nothing to update you on. I've been doing the chemo." Elenor lies, Kassidy sighs.

"Have a good day at school sweetheart" Elenor says, Kassidy gives her mom a small smile and heads out the bedroom to school. Kassidy is walking through the halls with Betty and Archie.

"Hey you may or may not know this, but it's Jughead's birthday." Archie says to Betty.

"What? And he didn't say anything?" Betty asks.

"It's tomorrow and he doesn't like making a big deal out of it." Archie says, Kassidy shakes her head.

"Every year he goes to a double feature at the Bijou. It's like this tradition. Last few years I've been his movie-buddy and before me it was Kassidy and still is. But now that he has a girlfriend..." Archie says.

"Well of course I'll take him. But you guys should still come with us" Betty says looking at the two.

"No we are definitely not tagging along to your date" Kassidy says.

"Oh come on. It'll be like old times." Betty says.

"The Three Musketeers." Archie says.

"excuse you" Kassidy says.

"Four." Archie corrects and she smiles.

"Actually Archie there were five Musketeers" Betty says.

"I'll see you later Betty." Archie says then him and Kassidy walk away.

"Jughead's going to kill you if you pull some stupid stuff" Kassidy says.

"I know" Archie groans as they walk into the cafeteria.

"Anyway, enough about my drama. Betty, you were saying something about Jughead's birthday?" Veronica questions.

"Yeah. Just that Mr. Jones told me Jughead's never had a birthday party" Betty says.

"Mhm" Kassidy confirms.

"Let's have one for him. Like a low-key surprise party" Betty says with a smile.