Chapter 18

~the next day~

"Veronica are you trying to manage me right now?" Jughead asks.

"Define manage" Veronica says.

"People are gonna lose their homes." Jughead says.

"Jughead why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilized humans face-to-face?" Veronica suggests.

"Okay, on condition. Your dad comes to Sunnyside Trailer Park I want him to see the people that he's gonna be displacing." Jughead says.

"Fine. And trust me no one is being displaced." Veronica says.

"Oh my god did you guys hear? My dad's scanner's blowing up" Kevin says rushing into the lounge.

"The police found another dead body this morning, there's blood everywhere." Kevin says.

"Could the Black Hood have risen from the grave?" Jughead asks Kassidy sits up quickly.

"Did they say whose body?" Archie asks.

"Where did they find it?" Betty asks.

"The investigations ongoing but apparently it was a gruesome gangland-style execution at the motel, with blood and brains splayed all of the duvet-" Kevin explains, Kassidy and Veronica get
grossed out.

"Okay. Kev we get it" Archie says and Kevin stops talking.

"I gotta go" Betty says looking sick, Kassidy gets up and follows her. Betty begins throwing up in the bathroom.

"Oh Betty, are you okay? Do you need some help?" Cheryl asks stopping by the stall.

"I'm fine, Cheryl." Betty says, Kassidy frowns at Betty and feels bad for Cheryl.

"Let me grab you a towel" Cheryl offers.

"I said I'm fine." Betty says.

"You have puke on your collar" Cheryl says before walking out, Kassidy gets a paper towel wet and kneels next to Betty cleaning off her collar.

"What's wrong?" Kassidy asks softly before throwing away the paper towel and getting another one wet. Kassidy wipes off Betty's mouth and chin as Betty explains how Chic brained a brain in the kitchen. She also tells Kassidy how Alice and Betty hid the body.

"I'm not going to say you should tell someone because that would be bad. But if you need anything just tell me" Kassidy says patting Betty's face with a wet paper towel.

"Actually can you do me a favor?" Betty asks.

"Of course Betts what is it?" Kassidy asks setting the paper towel in the garbage.

"Can you come with me after school? Where we hid the body?" Betty whispers.

"Of course I will" Kassidy says, the two girls get up off the floor.

"How do you do this so well? Take care of people?" Betty asks as they wash their hands.

"When my mom was sick, I took care of her when she would get sick from her treatments" Kassidy says drying her hands with a paper towel.