Chapter 51

~a few weeks later~

Another set of tapes have been sent out more closer that last time. College letters have been sent out to some people and lots of seniors have been stressed. asks Mrs. Burble extended her office hours to talk to the students one by one. Kassidy is in the hallway when Betty walks up to her.

"You'll never believe what she did." Betty says.

"Guessing Mama Alice did something. So what did she do?" Kassidy asks as they walk down the hallway.

"I got rejected from Yale and my mom searched my room and found my birth control." Betty says.

"Mama Alice didn't like that! But isn't it good you're taking the BC instead of getting prego?" Kassidy asks.

"That's what I'm saying. I don't walk to get pregnant like she or Polly did. She thinks I'm too young to have sex." Betty rants as they sit in the Blue and Gold.

"You're 18. Sucks your boyfriend sleeps at his school. Me and mine get it in almost 3 times a week" Kassidy says before eating a chip.

"Healthy relationship. I respect that." Betty says.

"So I'm guessing you went to Mrs. Burble?" Kassidy asks.

"I did and she came in too! So we talked about her invading my privacy, her abandoning me, that I need to grow up, and that she thinks if she can control me she can hold onto my childhood longer. She said she loves me most out of all her kids and she doesn't want to lose me then she left." Betty rants.

"See, I really love these daily rants. It kickstarts my day, really helps me a lot" Kassidy says.

"Well I have class. Enjoy your free period" Betty says before leaving and Kassidy goes to the student lounge where Archie joins her.

"Let me guess. Session with Mrs. Burble?" Kassidy asks as he sits next to her and nods.

"We talked about college and how I'm not interested because I'm needed here. Then we brought up my dad and my grief and the things I've done to carry on his legacy. Then how I've missed out on a lot of football and I told her about me cleaning up the streets at night" Archie explains.

"Well, maybe you should slow down with that stuff it's not healthy. You need to start taking care of yourself Archie. You need to help safely." Kassidy says.

"Yeah she basically said that and I blew up on her. I opened up to her about how I want to make sure nobody else hurts the way I do" Archie says, Kassidy sighs and pulls him into a hug.

"Archie you're a great person. Your dad is so proud of you but he wouldn't want you hurting yourself like this. I watched for many years on how your dad loved you. So why don't you start a hotline maybe stay at the center a little bit longer. Just so you can actually manage to sleep while fighting your crimes." Kassidy suggests before they pull apart.

"Thank you Kassie, I'll take your advice" Archie says before getting up and walking away.

~the next day~

While in the student lounge reading Cheryl comes up to Kassidy and sits down.

"Burble session?" Kassidy asks.