Chapter 72

~a week later~
(The is episode 13. 12 was skipped since it was about Hiram Lodges backstory)

Kassidy is at Pop's after hours with Tabitha. Her, Kassidy, and Betty have been working to look for Polly. Betty is currently undercover as a trucker.

"Nighthawk, can you hear me?" Tabitha asks in the radio.

"Loud and clear, Base station. I'm still a bumper sticker on this shady-ass truck, headed north. He's approaching the westbound turn off at Exit 49." Betty says on the radio.

"That's too far. Two more miles and you'll be out of range." Kassidy says on the radio.

"Hold on. He's pulling over. I'm going to park and approach him on foot." Betty says on the radio.

"Betty, just please, please be careful." Tabitha says before they stop talking and wait. After a little while Betty calls Kassidy.

Incoming call: Betts
"Betty what happened?" Kassidy asks.

"It was a setup. Glen and his team busted me and I had to turn in my badge and gun" Betty says and Kassidy groans.

"I'll meet with him in the morning" Kassidy says

"Okay I'm going to start heading back into town" Betty says.

"Be safe" Kassidy says before hanging up and going home. Kassidy calls the FBI office Glen is working at.

"Hello?" A man asks.

"Hi this is Agent Kassidy Stone I run the FBI office here in Riverdale. I was wondering if Glen Scot is in right now?" Kassidy asks.

"No he isn't. May I take a message or an appointment?" The man asks.

"Appointment. Tomorrow morning around 9 a.m." Kassidy says.

"I'll let him know. Have a goodnight" He says before hanging up and Kassidy goes into the living room. While watching tv someone knocks on the door and Kassidy opens it.

"Hey" Sweet Pea says.

"Hi" Kassidy says then he kisses her. They shut the door before going into Kassidy's room.

~the next day~

Kassidy is at Pop's with Tabitha and Betty before Kassidy's meeting with Glen.

"You're lucky it was Glen and not the Highway Killer. You would have been on your own." Tabitha says.

"Well, I didn't want to lose him. Anyways. I doubt I'll be spending much more time on the lonely highway now that Glen's gunning for me." Betty says.

"So maybe we bring the Lonely Highway here...to Pop's, and the Whyte Wyrm.

"Go on." Betty says.

"The Highway Killer is most likely a trucker, right?Well, what if we offer something to lure truckers in? Entertainment?" Tabitha asks.

"Smart. We're not going after "truckers" plural, we're going after one trucker in particular, or killer, who is targeting...young women. Okay, crazy idea. Have you ever seen Coyote Ugly?" Betty asks.