Chapter 10

~A week later~

Kassidy is in her moms room packing up her things into boxes. Kevin texts Kassidy while she is packing things up.

New message: Kev
Kev: RED CIRCLE VIDEO!!! CHECK ASAP!
*link attached*
Kassidy watches the video and laughs.
Kassidy: Archie is a dead man.
Kev:yes.

Kassidy finishes packing and puts the boxes in the closet. Kassidy then heads to school where she is sitting in the Blue and Gold but Betty is on the phone with Jughead while grabbing her mail.

"So what's in the mail?" Kassidy asks and Betty opens a big brown envelope. Kassidy then watches as Betty reads the letter and begins crying.

"Betty, your words at the Juiblee inspired me. The towns sinners must show their contrition. If not there will be more suffering and bloodshed. Enclosed is a cipher. It details where I will punish the next sinner. It is a test only you may solve it, Betty." Kassidy reads of the letter then Kevin walks in.

"Betty, okay. So telling my dad about me cruising in the woods? Not cool. He even told my mom about it. Also I've re-upped my online membership to redstatemeat.com, so there'll be no cruising in the foreseeable." Kevin says sitting down, Kassidy puts a hand on Betty's shoulder.

"Betty? What? What is it?" Kevin asks realizing the straight face on Betty's face.

"I was going through the Blue and Gold's mail...and I got a letter from the Black Hood killer..." Betty says as Kassidy gives Kevin the letter.

"He says he's doing it for me." Betty says then Kevin reads the letter aloud.

"My speech...inspired him. That stupid speech I wrote." Betty says.

"So the Black Hood was at the Juiblee." Kevin says.

"The entire town was there." Kassidy says.

"We have to give this to my dad." Kevin says.

"The cipher yeah sure, but not the letter. This is just...for me. We can't tell anyone about it." Betty says.

"It's evidence." Kevin objects.

"I'm with Betty on this." Kassidy says sitting next to Betty.

"Kevin if we give this letter to your dad, he will tell my mom and she will make sure I'm nowhere near this." Betty says.

"Good." Kevin says.

"No. This is a test. He said so himself. What if...the start of the rest is to see what I do with the letter? Do I share it? Or not? Am I strong? Or am I weak? Am I...worthy?" Betty questions.

"He's a psychopath, Betty and you are in high school not the FBI." Kevin says.

"Isn't it better for people to be focusing on the cipher, rather than the letter?" Kassidy asks.

"How would that even happen?" Kevin asks, betty than gets a idea and leaves the room. A few hours later Alice publishes the cipher and Kassidy gets a copy and grabs her notebook. Kassidy goes to Southside High and begins trying to figure it out while Jughead reads.