Chapter 58

~a few days later~

Kassidy is in biology class at her table with Betty, Veronica, and Archie. When Fp and two other deputies walk into the room and the four teenagers stand up.

"Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, Kassidy Stone, and Veronica Lodge, you're under arrest for the cold-blooded murder of my son, Jughead Jones." Fp says and the three teenagers get detained snd taken in the hallway.

"This was their move. The Stonies. We knew that they would do this." Betty says quietly.

"I hope you're right, Betty." Veronica says.

"Everything's fine, okay? This is good. This is where they start tripping up. This will work. It has to." Betty says and Kassidy sighs while getting taken into Fp's cruiser by herself.

"Kassidy I can't believe you." Fp says and Kassidy sighs.

"You really think I would kill Jughead? For what reason?" Kassidy asks.

"That's what I'll be asking you in a bit." Fp says while they arrive at the station and are taken into a cell.

"You three sit tight.bI'll be bringing you in for questioning one at a time, then we're finally gonna get to the bottom of what happened that night. Do you understand me?" Fp asks the three before leaving.

"Deja vu." Kassidy says Betty and Veronica while sitting down on the bench. Then gets taken into the room after Veronica and Archie.

"When was the last time you saw him?" Fp asks.

"Before the Stonewall party" Kassidy answers.

"Stonewall students say you saw him laying on the ground, bleeding from the head. Sound familiar?" Fp asks and Kassidy shakes her head.

"I didn't see Jughead at the party" Kassidy says.

"Sheriff" a deputy says walking into the room handing Fp a file. Fp takes a moment before finishing reading the file.

"The bloods fake. You can go I need to go tell
Betty" Fp says and Kassidy leaves the room and heads home.

"Kassie? Are you okay?" Sweet Pea asks before giving her a hug.

"Yeah. Everything went perfectly" Kassidy says as they sit on the couch.

"Good. Also Betty texted she's having a funeral in after school at her house. She said your in the front with Jb, Fp, Alice, and herself." Sweet Pea says.

"Mm good" Kassidy says before falling asleep on the couch next to him.

~the next day~

Kassidy woke up and got dressed before heading to school with Sweet Pea.

After her morning classes Kassidy is walking down the hallway and people are staring at her

"I heard she killed Jughead" A girl whispers while looking at Kassidy. She puts her stuff in her locker ignoring the whispers.