Chapter 76

~a week later~

Kassidy is at the Whyte Wyrm with her friends and Betty who are drinking.

"Here you go, Betty. And these are on the house." Fangs says.

"Thank you, Fangs. Thank you, guys, for rallying." Betty says.

"Of course. How are you holding up, B?" Veronica asks.

"As good as I can be, I guess." Betty says.

"How are the twins doing?" Toni asks and Betty sighs.

"They're okay, surprisingly. Cheryl volunteered to take them for a few days. They have been asking about their mom, though." Betty says.

"And I told them that she's somewhere beautiful and close by. We hung up a hummingbird feeder in the rose garden, and they wait for their mommy to come visit it." Cheryl says.

"That's beautiful, Cheryl." Toni says and she gives her a small smile.

"How's your mom?" Jughead asks.

"She's not good, Jug. She won't leave the house. She's listening to this Next to Normal cast album on repeat." Betty says.

"What's Next to Normal?" Archie asks.

"It's a Broadway musical that she took Polly and I to see one year for Mother's Day in the city." Betty says.

"What's it about?" Tabitha asks.

"This family. To be honest, watching it, I felt like it could have been about us. The mom, she wants this normal, perfect family, but she's lying to herself. She and her husband don't love each other anymore. She fights with her daughter a lot, and one of her kids is...dead." Betty says.

"Jeez, Betty." Reggie says softly.

"It's actually a really beautiful show. And we had the best day. Just the three of us walking around New York." Betty says.

"So your mom is just listening to this album?" Veronica asks.

"Over and over again. I don't even know what she's thinking or feeling." Betty says and Kassidy sighs. Betty and Kassidy go to her house where Alice is sitting on the couch. Betty has asked Kassidy to help keep her company so that's what she's been doing.

"Mom. The record was skipping." Betty says after she turns it off.

"I, uh...I'm just tired, that's all. I'm going to go take a nap." Alice says before leaving.

"Okay. I'm gonna clean up a little bit down here." Betty says and they start cleaning the house. After cleaning up it gets late at night so Betty says Kassidy could go home. While walking up to her front door at the Pembrooke she hears a familiar voice.

"Kassie?" Sweet Pea asks and Kassidy turns towards him.

"Sweet Pea..what are you doing here?" Kassidy asks as tears fill her eyes.

"I came back for you. I didn't want to be with Josie I knew the love of my life was here. I couldn't stop thinking about you and I realized I should come back so I did." Sweet Pea says and Kassidy hugs him tightly and she begins to cry.

"I'm so glad your back" Kassidy says and they walk inside and sit on the couch after making tea.

"Me too. I'm sorry I left" Sweet Pea says.

"It's okay. You're here now and I have something to tell you" Kassidy says before she sips on her tea.

"Alright I'm all ears." Sweet Pea says.

"I'm...pregnant" Kassidy says as she looks at her hands.

"Your what?" Sweet Pea asks and she looks up.