Chapter 5

~A week later~

Kassidy finished getting ready for school and headed there. She's sitting with Archie, Veronica, Betty, Jughead, Valerie, Kevin, and Cheryl.

 She's sitting with Archie, Veronica, Betty, Jughead, Valerie, Kevin, and Cheryl

"Polly's convincing herself that no one wants her baby." Betty says.

"Besides of course the child-snatching Blossom monsters" Kevin says forgetting Cheryl's there.

"No offense Cheryl" Kevin says when she looks at him.

"None taken." Cheryl says looking him up and down.

"So your mom and dad want Polly but not the baby, and the Blossoms want the baby and not Polly. That's a true Gordon's knot." Jughead says.

"It's an impossible situation" Betty says.

"Betty come on. An impossible situation is being invited to both the Vanity Flair Oscar party and Elton John's Oscar party on the same night" Veronica says, Kassidy and Kevin place their hands on Veronica shoulder.

"Which happened to me one year, I know." Veronica says, Kevin and Kassidy look at each other in shock.

"This is merely an annoying situation. But luckily I've been percolating on an idea, hellishly simple in its conception. What if my mom and I were to host a baby shower?" Veronica asks.

"Count me in" Cheryl says with a smile.

"You want Polly to feel loved and supported right?" Veronica asks Betty.

"Yeah but ideally by her own parents." Betty says.

"Oh so baby steps girl. Get Polly and your parents in the same room in a public setting where they can't fight, and voila let the healing begin." Veronica says.

"You say it and make it seem so easy" Kassidy says politely.

"Oh it'll work you live next to me so your helping." Veronica tells Kassidy.

"Am I expected to come to this thing?" Jughead asks.

"Of course! Your Betty's boyfriend so..." Veronica says.

"Oh my God you guys relax. It's just a word that starts with the letter 'B'." Veronica says and Betty smiles at Jughead.

"Betty what do you say?" Veronica asks her.

"Elizabeth Cooper" Alice says walking into the student lounge.

"Mom?" Betty questions.

"Hi Mrs. Cooper" Kassidy waves with a smile.

"I need you and you." Alice points to Betty and Veronica. Veronica points to herself confused.

"Right now." Alice demands both girls get up and follow her.