Chapter 43

~a week later~

Kassidy is in her room at the Farm reading when Betty walks in and lays across the bed.

"Lots to unpack." Betty says and Kassidy closes her book.

"Go on" Kassidy says.

"I was walking in the hallway and I noticed Evelyn hooked on some sort of machine. We can find out what is it later. But I was in a meeting with my mom, Polly, and Edgar. They told me I have MAOA and the CDH genes." Betty says playing with Kassidy's stuffed animal.

"You have the serial killer genes?" Kassidy asks.

"Yeah. How do you know that?" Betty asks.

"I remember reading something about it. Photo graphic memory." Kassidy says.

"Also nobody in my family has the genes not even my crazy ass dad." Betty says.

"Well that's strange." Kassidy says.

"Yeah but I have to go see Edgar for my healing. See you later Kass" Betty says getting up.

"Bye Betts" Kassidy says as Betty leaves. Kassidy continues reading her book when Fangs walks into her room.

"Hey Kassie" Fangs says laying next to her.

"Hi Fangs" Kassidy says looking away from her book.

"Have you head your first healing session with Edgar?" Fangs asks as she closes her book.

"No I have one later though" Kassidy says wrapping her arm around Fangs.

"Do you miss Sweet Pea?" Fangs asks.

"Yeah" Kassidy sighs.

"He's a good protector yes and he has a hell of a fight hook but he can't go up against the Black Hood." Fangs says.

"I know and he says he understands but I don't know it just feels like he's upset about this whole thing" Kassidy says.

"He is. But your the girl he's been in love with since he first laid eyes on you. You're special. I've never seen him love like this with anyone. Mainly because before you all he had was one serious relationship and a bunch of hookups." Fangs explains and Kassidy chuckles a little.

"Sweet Pea is amazing" Kassidy says.

"That we can agree on" Fangs says with a smile and they press the sides of their heads together.

"You're a good friend Fangs" Kassidy says.

"And a good boyfriend" Kevin adds walking into the room.

"Your not mad at me anymore?" Kassidy asks.

"Nope." Kevin says laying on her other side.

"See I would wrap my arm around you too but it's in a sling." Kassidy says and Kevin laughs then Betty walks into the room with teary eyes.

"Guys leave" Kassidy says and the two boys do.

"Betty what happens?" Kassidy asks patting beside her and Betty sits down next to her.