Chapter 54

~Weeks later~

Winter had come Betty and Kassidy have been studying with their group for the Quiz Show. Cheryl, Toni, and Veronica are on the team and Kassidy is Co-Captain with Betty. They were doing great and it was successful for the most part. Unfortunately Kassidy wasn't allowed to play due to her photographic memory and wanted to keep the competition fair for others who don't have her ability. Betty found out Jughead got into Yale as well as Bret. Right now Kassidy is at the game show with her group.

"Welcome back to the Regional Semi-finals. Seaside High trails Riverdale 210 to 240, and now for the final round." The Quiz Show host says.

"Which Venetian island has been famous for glassmaking since the 13th century?" The Quiz Show host asks and Veronica buzzes in.

"Murano." Veronica says.

"Correct." The game host says.

"Never go in August. So many mosquitoes." Kassidy hears Veronica say and she chuckles quietly.

"What is the length of the diagonal if the side of the square is 10?" The game host asks and Toni buzzes in.

"10 square root of 2." Toni answers.

"Correct." The Quiz Show host says.

"My brilliant little savant." Cheryl says.

"Which of the following is the powerhouse of the cell." The Quiz Show host says and Betty buzzes in.

"Mitochondria." Betty answers.

"Correct." The Quiz Show host says.

"Which Americans architect's house in southwest Pennsylvania..." The Quiz Show host says and Betty buzzes in before Cheryl.

"Frank Lloyd Wright." Betty says.

"Correct." The game host says.

"Who also designed Thornhill. I knew that." Cheryl pouts and the time goes off.

"Well, time's up. Riverdale has won. They will go on to face Stonewall Prep in the finals." The Quiz Show host says.

"You guys did great!" Kassidy says hugging them all then going with Betty.

"Hey, Betty. You did great out there." Charles says.

"Great might not be good enough to beat him." Betty says looking at Bret who's talking to the host.

"Ah, that's Bret, huh?" Charles asks and Kassidy nods.

"Bret Weston Wallis clearly came here to throw me off my game. Is there any way you could help me with him? Kassidy is doing it but she needs help too" Betty says and Kassidy gets offended.

"As long as it doesn't involve shallow graves and lye." Charles says and Kassidy chokes on her water.

"No, I just wanna make him sweat. He's a son of a diplomat, brags about being untouchable. But what skeletons are buried in his closet? Any intel you could find that would help me mess with his mind would be much appreciated." Betty says.