Chapter 50

~two weeks later~

Thanksgiving was approaching in one day. Recently Jughead's teacher Mr. Chipping had jumped out a window, Dodger was beaten into a coma, the body of the shady man was disposed again. Kassidy has placed flowers at both her mom and dad's grave. Kassidy worked her shift at Pop's due to the ice storm coming she didn't want to work any later. She's now at the El Royale.

"All right, everyone, bring it in. Come on!" Ad his says.

"Hustle up, hustle up." Munroe says and the kids gather together.

"All right, look. We know some of you guys have nowhere to go for Thanksgiving. So, Munroe and I, we're gonna keep the center open tomorrow." Archie says.

"We're gonna have hot meals with all the fixings." Munroe says and the kids cheer while he walks over to his little brother.

"Seriously? You guys are cooking?" Toby asks.

"Hell, yeah. And my mom." Archie says.

"And grandma." Munroe says looking at Malcom.

"And Kassie" Archie and Munroe say.

"So tell your friends there's an open-door policy. Everyone is invited." Archie says and everyone claps.

"Kassie how good is your cooking?" Archie asks.

"It's good. Ask Sweet Pea and Betty" Kassidy says.

"I'm ready for this" Munroe says with a smile. After a few hours at the gym Veronica arrives with tons of ingredients on the table.

"Feast your eyes on this. A true Thanksgiving cornucopia." Veronica says.

"Wow! Ronnie, how...Where did you get all of this?" Archie asks.

"I put in a to-go order at the country club. Daddy gave me the idea. I figured this could supplement whatever you and yours are cooking for the kids." Veronica says with a smile.

"Red, tell me this doesn't mean you're deep-frying a Thanksgiving turkey?" Munroe asks picking up a deep fryer.

"Yes. I am. It's tradition. My dad would do one every year." Archie says.

"Best damn turkey I ever tasted." Fp says.

"Second that" Kassidy says as Fp kisses her cheek.

"You should come by tomorrow, Mr. Jones." Archie says.

"Actually, Archie, that's what we need to talk about. I hate to do this, but I'm under orders...to shut you down." Fp says.

"What? Orders from who?" Archie asks.

"Let me guess, the Mayor?" Veronica asks when Fp looks at her and he nods.

"Well, you have got to be kidding me. He can't do this." Archie says.

"Yeah, he can, he's mayor now. He can do anything. And technically, the attack on Dodger is an open investigation. So this is still an active crime scene, plus, Hiram said, with the ice storm coming..." Fp says.