Chapter 40

~that night~
(This episode starts off where the last ended)

"Poor Baby Teeth." Jughead says.

"Brandon Morris was his real name. We ID'ed him from his prints. First glance, very similar to how you found Ben and Dilton. But I don't know. I need your help, son, please. You too Kassie." Fp says and she nods.

"Yeah, of course. These blue lips are the same. Markings on his back are the same, too. But his missing teeth, that's the twist." Jughead says taking pictures.

"This might be a copycat killer. I mean, it could be the same guy that went after Ben and Dilton, but they were willing participants. Baby Teeth struggled. Maybe the brutality of his death was the message. Like a warning that he's back and he's angry." Kassidy explains.

"The Gargoyle King?" Fp asks.

"The real one." Jughead says.

~the next day~

Kassidy is in the Blue and Gold with Betty who the night before was talking with Edgar.

"Tell me everything." Kassidy says and Betty plays the recording she took of the conversation.

"You already know who I am, Betty." Edgar says.

"No. I don't have a clue. I've done a deep-dive on the Internet, and there's no record of anyone named Edgar Evernever." Betty explains.

"Many years ago, I was a very different man. My life was in tatters, so I left it behind and I walked in the desert to die. Till I stumbled upon a tree on a hill beside a farm. I was in Death's clutches. And somehow I stumbled to the door of that farm, and I knocked. When I awoke, I was in a white room. I was being tended to by a kind, elderly farmer. And I said, "How can I repay you?" So she put me to work on her farm. I ploughed those fields, and I sowed them with seed, and I watched them grow into something beautiful. I felt reborn. After that, I made it my sacred duty to open my own farm, where I could welcome lost souls wandering in the darkness." Edgar explains.

"It's a nice story, but it doesn't explain how you've convinced my mom that she can see her dead son." Betty says.

"Here we strive to create a safe place where wounded people can heal and become the best versions of themselves. But, first, they must open themselves to that process." Edgar says.

"No, but really, how does my mom see her dead son? Do you have someone dress up like Charles?" Betty asks and the tape stops.

"And all he did was laugh." Betty says with frustration.

"We'll figure out who this sick SOB is. I need to change I've been wearing these clothes since last night. I'll be back" Kassidy says before going into the school bathroom and changing.

 I'll be back" Kassidy says before going into the school bathroom and changing