Chapter-21

Author's note-

Gosh! 1k reads! This is my first ever book and to have so many reads on it makes me so extremely happy.

Thank you so much for all who have read my piece of work.

I will give my all and make sure to present the best chapters for you all!!

___________________________________________

Third Person Pov

Butterflies. Lia loved butterflies for as long as she could remember. Who doesn't right? But tonight she yearned to catch a glimpse of atleast one of them. Why? Because it was someone's most favourite one.

Lia even named the aforementioned person with it.

Strawberry Butterfly.

The other seemed to be not around anymore so atleast she could surround herself with everything that she liked right? Atleast that way she will have to not feel this insurmountable void in her life.

Lia stared out at the open sky as her eyes wandered around even with the knowledge that it's hard to find one at this time. Well many things have been slipping out of her palms anyway so this, most definitely is not the first thing to make her loose hope.

She reminisced over the conversation they had exchanged few months ago.

"Remember how you said you loved butterflies?" Lia spoke with a gentle tone as the cool midnight breeze sweeped her loose hair strands falling down from a messy bun.

"Yes baby." Confirmed the smooth voice on the other side of the call.

"I coined a phrase with it." The younger girl smiled hearing the sound of the elder sweetening by every passing second as she layed on her bed, draping herself in the warm blanket that was now covering almost all of her body as just her face and the hand holding the phone peeked out.

"Yea? And what is it?"

"Strawberry butterfly." Lia leaned her head back on the window sill, looking up at the clear sky that had given space for the full moon to shine through.

"Strawberry butterfly." She heard the other whisper right after her. A knowing smile rose Lia's lips as she closed her eyes.

If there was one thing that the elder had come to know about the younger,it was that the other liked to repeat any nicknames or just any names in general that would be spoken by Lia for the first time.

And sometimes when the younger girl would love the way the other had spoken something,then she would make her repeat it over and over again to the point that the elder would end up blabbering which would not even sound the same anymore and they both would end up laughing together at that.

"Say it again." There it is. Lia let out a soundless chuckle as she complied to not so much of a request really.

"Strawberry butterfly." Lia swirled the word, wantingly dropping her voice even lower into a breathy whisper, well aware about how much the other would enjoy it.

"Lia!" A whine was heard following that little stunt which just made Lia to laugh out loud.

"Ok, ok darling." Oops-

"I am going to kill you!!" Leona bursted out as the elder yet again had called her by her favorite nickname in a even more of a sweetly sickening voice.

"Oh nah. You would not. I am too hot for you to kill me." Lia mumbled gingerly with a face full of smile with eyes still closed and still leaning back on the wall as she had pulled one leg to her chest while the other was dangling down.