Chapter-26

"Am I seeing this right? Or is it just my eye sight that's gotten bad?" Lia questioned bewildered at the sight in front of her.

The girl had walked over to their usual table in the library but only to find that they had a new member to the group, apparently.

Any guess?

Melissa threw a hard stare at her, ready to throw hands which had the brunette signing her mouth is zipped as she sat down in the other chair without a word.

She leaned back on the chair folding her arms over her abdomen after placing the backpack by the glass window while her burgundy painted lips sat in a tight line as her cropped plain maroon hoodie rode up a bit because of the stretch and her small belly peeked from underneath.

Their visitor for the day cleared her throat bringing the curly head's attention back to her who had just broke out of the hard stare, morphing into a more softer look that Lia caught on of course.

Her eyebrow rising in question but said nothing, observing the unfolding scene in silence.

"So, I was asking if you could arrange for the book?" The girl with orange hair spoke, directing her vision on the other.

"Sure, I can. Java programming right?" Melissa questioned, eyes flitting all over the other's face,settling over her thin, rosy lips before unwillingly averting her eyes up.

Rose cheeks dusted a faint hue at the not so obvious stare before mumbling a small 'yes.'

Melissa nodded her head in thought,thinking for a bit before speaking "It must be in the computer lab, I will look for it. When do you need it?"

Now she was the one to feel her cheeks flare at the open stare falling over lips even after catching the other.

Rose caught sight of the faintest blush covering the expanse of the other's cheeks, rich with melanin.

Melissa looked so pretty like that. Rose smirked knowing that the other was no different for this effect but did not comment anything.

"By the end of the day or tomorrow would be fine too."

Shit! Stop biting your lips Melissa! Rose screamed in her head looking at the girl pulling at her lower lip, out of habit it seemed. As the other was looking at some spot on the ground while doing so before looking up abruptly which had Rose turning her head the other way instantly.

"Times might clash tho. How about you give me your number? So once I get it, I will ring you." Melissa smiled at the girl.

That was the first time she had smiled at the girl. Their prior conversations were not exactly smile friendly afterall. Until today. It seemed something had changed today or more so since the other had held Rose's wrist.

Rose felt her heart racing as her eyes observed how the other's lips stretched so sweetly with a bright smile making the set of her big white teeth visible.

For a moment, she forgot everything. It was like something sharp had pierced through her heart but with a gentle weave it had passed through the other side. Like a love arrow or something.

"Rose?" Rose broke out of the trance feeling embarrassed that she lost herself so easily in front of the other, again.

"Yeah sure. Maybe you could give me your's too, so that I can keep tabs of it." Rose reasoned.

She saw the chance and took it. Smart girl indeed.

And they swaped their numbers before falling into a staring contest again, totally forgetting the third member at the table.